Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:08 PM

Default NL25: KK flops nut flush draw and hits K on the turn...

I think I didn't play this TOO well...villain is pretty tight passive I guess, no real reads besides stats over 43 he's 26/3/1. Preflop I think is pretty standard..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($17.25)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($26)</font>
Button ($29.91)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop is pretty good for me, I have nut flush draw so I was thinking checking to let the smaller flushes hit or get value out of TT+, so he raises pretty small so I'm thinking either flush draw, made flush, or an Ace, I think the reraise on the flop is pretty bad, I should've just called, the reraise folds out an Ace, probably a few smaller flushes, and the only thing that calls is probably the made flush, which I'm behind.

Turn: ($12.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $19.75 (All-In), Hero calls $8.75 (All-In).

Turn looked like a good card, but maybe it wasn't, it blinded me to what villain could have had. Set = nuts here in NL25, but not in this case. I've picked up a few more outs, and I bet the turn hoping to get more value out of smaller flush draw but I think all I did was haev better hands call (made flush) and weaker hands fold. He pushes and I had to call getting great odds, if I kept the pot smaller maybe I didn't have to pot commit myself.

River: ($51.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $51.10

How do I play this hand? From my anaylsis you guys can guess what villain had, am I being too result oriented? After looking at the hand, should I Just 3 bet flop? Or just push? If i'm going to stack off I might as well pushed the flop...

Thanks for the helps.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: NL25: KK flops nut flush draw and hits K on the turn...

I would call the flop. Then get it in on the turn.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:14 PM

I lead this flop. Normally b3bai would be decent line to take, but here I just like a call of villains raise. A raise on a monotone flop from a villain this passive usually means he has at least 2 pair, and I doubt you have much if any fold equity. I play it the same on the turn, theres no way your getting away from this hand, if villain has a flush you still have ten outs, if he has a set of Aces you have 9 outs, everything else you crush.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:15 PM

preflop: raise to 1.25. standard is 4bb+1bb/limper.

flop: id pot it. in hopes of folding out weak Aces.

Turn: after he 3 bet min raises you on the flop you know yoru behind to a flush. So you dont really want to be getting to aggro unless you improve. I c/c the turn.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:27 PM

I think that leading the flop is better.

On the turn, given his 3 bet, you are probably behind to a flush so a c/c is good here, and getting it on an improved river.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:28 PM

I think you have to bet pot on this flop. Smaller flush draws will still call, and you will get value when they hit. Dont check and let him take a free card. You don't want to C/R this flop IMO because you are OOP with a mediocre made hand but a strong draw. You want to wait to improve before you put in lots of $$.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:35 PM

I see no reason to c/r flop. Just lead.
Turn is good. You have a set and 17 outs if villain has the flush. You wan't your money in the pot.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:43 PM

Yeah I agree, I should have just led, I usually cbet and all, maybe villain thinks it's another cbet, man what was I thinking, grr, wrong time to c/raise, I probably would've built the pot. I guess I was wondering if I could get away from this hand...anywhere..probably not.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:46 PM

Oh and another thing, what do you guys think about 4 betting (raising his reraise and folding to further aggression if he pushes the flop?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and another thing, what do you guys think about 4 betting (raising his reraise and folding to further aggression if he pushes the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its a bad idea. if he pushes your throwing away a perfectly good hand. also, next time he wont be a position to 4 bet because your going to lead.. Ok?