Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 01:14 PM

Default How badly did i play this hand?

How much did i do wrong here? On the flop i have a great draw plus possible overcards outs, i figured against his range i was a fav so i potted it showing i was commited to the hand, when he just called i had some choices on the turn, i didnt like checking as it opened me up to a push i couldnt call, if i fired a 3/4 pot bet im commited to any reraise so i figured i may as well push as i may have some fold equity at this level.

Should i have just called and kept the pot small? If i raised smaller and got called how do i play the turn?

Thanks for any advice

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.125/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.45
CO: $53.45
Button: $53.25
SB: $24.65
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.38, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20.38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $15.25</font>, CO calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($50.875, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.875)

Results:
Final pot: $50.875
Old 09-23-2006, 01:16 PM

Default Re: How badly did i play this hand?

I don't mind it at all. If CO is a station, and will pay you off when you hit, I don't think this is the most profitable way to play a draw (just call, wait for it to hit, then get the $ in.) However, if you don't have that specific read, this is good.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:20 PM

I would fold preflop. Playing speculative hands OOP just isn't very profitable.

On the flop I'd lead out and look to b3b allin. I really don't like check/raising in situations like this because it sucks when they just call and leaves us in no mans land. Make them take the last guess by pushing allin rather than having to take it yourself OOP on the turn.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much did i do wrong here? On the flop i have a great draw plus possible overcards outs, i figured against his range i was a fav so i potted it showing i was commited to the hand, when he just called i had some choices on the turn, i didnt like checking as it opened me up to a push i couldnt call, if i fired a 3/4 pot bet im commited to any reraise so i figured i may as well push as i may have some fold equity at this level.

Should i have just called and kept the pot small? If i raised smaller and got called how do i play the turn?

Thanks for any advice

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.125/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.45
CO: $53.45
Button: $53.25
SB: $24.65
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.38, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20.38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $15.25</font>, CO calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($50.875, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.875)

Results:
Final pot: $50.875

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't want to keep the pot small. You have a possible 21 outs when that flop comes. Your only goal is to get as much of your money in the pot as possible on that flop. I think the best line here is bet/three-bet. So, I lead for a near PSB and hope to get raised.

If you don't get raised, you can lead again on the turn and re-evaluate. If you do get raised, you can push with excellent pot equity even against sets.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:40 PM

I think your re-raise off the flop was too much. CO obviously like his hand and to call your re-raise, I would put him on a set. If so, you need to hit your flush or your str8 to win. 12 outs or around 25%. I'd call the flop bet instead of re-raising unless your going for a Semi-bluff.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:14 PM

I'd raise to 8ish here but no biggie. Nh sir.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:16 PM

If you want to raise this flop raise all in, otherwise just call it. (okay bet/3bet is cool).
Edit: fold pf
Old 09-23-2006, 02:24 PM

He has more than 12 outs.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:26 PM

I don't like a c/r on the flop. If I c/r here, its all in. And I don't think that CRAI is nearly as good as b/3b AI. If you lead and he doesn't raise, I lead turn and reevaluate.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 PM

This may be something I need to do more, but I don't defend my blinds with a call all too often (though I sometimes 3bet vs late position PFRs)...so for me this would be a pretty standard fold PF.

On the flop I prefer a B3B (or even just a C/C), but then again I rarely find spots where I really like a C/R all that much.