Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $12.25
UTG+1: $51
Hero: $50
Button: $39.45
SB: $43.75
BB: $61.35

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.
<font color="blue">Villian just sat down, so no reads.</font>

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">Before someone says "bet pot", i usually do, but when the board is paired with undercards, I like to bet half pot, doesnt matter if I hit or not. The reason is, since the board is paired, its less likely that it hit villian. So i do my cbet and he check raises me. Now, what the [censored] he has? Obviously i'm fair ahead from his range, i know that standard would be a reraise here (to 15?), but i decided to just call</font>
Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, Hero ?
<font color="blue">Well, he checked and I decided to value my hand. I think i did it all wrong, cause if I was going to value it, reraising flop would be much better (after all, the only thing that really changed, is that now 6x is less likely to pay me. But anyway, i bet and he made another checkraise. Now (after 2 checkraises) i dont think i'm ahead. What do u think?</font>
Old 09-22-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Play this AA with me - NL50

yeah... hate those spots. Frankly, I don't know that it makes a huge difference if you raised again on the flop or bet the turn.

The only think I find odd is... after him reraising you on the flop... does it make sense that he then goes for a checkraise? I'm not sure what to make of that. Certainly after you reraising him he must realize that if you have nothing you are likely to check the turn.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM

Bet more on the flop. You're asking to be raised by ATC, and you are not pricing out a club draw.

As played, check the turn. Call his river bluff.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:59 PM

I would be interested too in seeing further discussion on what type of hand does a check-raise on the flop and turn.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested too in seeing further discussion on what type of hand does a check-raise on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Cause there's 'line' that does this that makes sense unless he's so certain that the OP will bet again.

The only plausible thing I can think of is... he has such a monster, thinks hero is on a flush draw and wants to let him catch up so he checks... when OP bets the turn he figures hero isn't folding so let's get more out of him. Would make sense with a boat or quads. If the villain has unimproved trips.. why would he check to him in case OP has a flush draw?

I don't think villain's play makes any sense... which is why its so hard to say for certain who's ahead here.

I could see a villain having kings here and still believing he's best.. but it still doesn't explain the turn cr.

I have no idea.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only plausible thing I can think of is... he has such a monster ... Would make sense with a boat or quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that may be it, leaning towards quads. Of course there can be debate on how poorly it is to play quads like this, but it is a way to keep milking more out of an opponent without having to make one bet of that amount, makes it more palletable.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3x,66. Maybe TT-KK. Donks do this a lot with monsters.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only plausible thing I can think of is... he has such a monster ... Would make sense with a boat or quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that may be it, leaning towards quads. Of course there can be debate on how poorly it is to play quads like this, but it is a way to keep milking more out of an opponent without having to make one bet of that amount, makes it more palletable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting theory and more likely than the following: One other hand might be 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] trying a goofy semibluff + defining his hand after trying to steal the flop after a "weak" bet. If that's the case he'll probably check the river too. Its about $11 to call for a ~$40 pot so I might call and see if he pushes the river...which would be a fold. Anyone have the guts to VB the river if checked to?
Old 09-22-2006, 06:28 PM

deleted
Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 PM

I kind of hope you made the likely mistake of seeing this hand to the end because I'm really curious what the villain has here that goes for the double cr. I know donks are donks but its hard to put a villain calling pf with a lot of hands that have a 3 in it (other then 33) So it really feels like a boat (66), QQ or KK or the weirdest semibluff flush draw ever.

Back to the hand: I agree that I pot it here on the flop. Underbetting, unless you do it all the time, looks like you missed and invites all sorts of hands to raise you. And now we're stuck tyring to interpret that raise.

That being said, as played, it really feels like a fold.

I hope if you folded that he showed and you eventually give results. Because I am curious.