Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Gold\'s radio interview

I just listened to part of Jamie Gold's interview on bigpoker.ca. Only part because he was so irritating I couldn't finish which is first for me. He is the self proclaimed best tournament player ever. Doyle. Hellmuth, Ferguson etc. all told him they have never seem a better player.
Common sense tells me this guy is a pathological liar but judge for yourself. If anyone can get through the entire interview I am interested whether it got any better at the end. If so, maybe I'll try again.

Frankly this guy's ego make Hellmuth's look small.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Gold\'s radio interview

He says that poker is in his blood. He tells a story about how his parents would brag about how well he could count when he was two years old and he would say, "2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, jack, queen, king, ace."

He says when he met Johnny Chan he told him, "Listen, I'm a famous agent. Everyone of my clients is a celebrity. I want to make you a celebrity in poker."

He talks about his tourney wins at Hustler and says that people were starting to call him "the best of the minor leagues."

He talks about playing with Bobby Hoff and says Bobby always loves beating him because Jamie beats everybody else at the table. Says that Hoff told him that because of his style he would be the greatest tournament player that ever lived if he focused on tournaments.

"The tournament finished a day early because I got everybody playing so fast. They were all so scared."

He says that he would meet with Johnny Chan at the end of every day and Chan would ask him what his plan was for the next day. He says Chan told him, "I can't possibly help you. Everything you're saying is the right thing to do."

He says that Jesus came over to talk to him and Jesus mentioned that he sees Chan giving him advice. He tells Jesus, "No. He's not giving me a lot of advice. He's basically just telling me that I'm the most natural player that he's ever seen that doesn't really need any advice."

He says Norman Chad told him, "I gotta be honest with you. That was the greatest display of poker talent that I have ever seen. I've seen everything and nobody has ever put on a show like that in the history of poker."

He says that he was working on a radio show with Bodog and wound up with his seat in the main event through his relationship with them. He says when they offered him a seat they told him they knew he was a great poker player. He says Bodog was telling him, "No offense to the celebrities on our team, but the chances of them getting deep in the ME are very slim. Everyone's telling us that you're like Kobe Bryant coming out of high school. You've got a shot to make it."

Listening to him talk about his play in general makes me want to puke.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:26 AM

"I was the dominant chip leader for six days straight. Never waivered."

What he told J.Chan: "..listen. I'm a famous agent. Every one of my clients is a celebrity. I wanna make you a celebrity, moreso than just in poker."

I'm just listening now and I would have to say this guy is the easiest interview ever. He hasn't stoped talking. No need to ask questions. Just give him the mike andd let him go.

This guy is as full of himself as anyone ever. Does not know the meaning of the word humility.

Talking about the point where he took out Lee. "I'm raising every single pot......I'm raising just to take the blinds."

Announcer: "How many in a row did you raise?"

"I don't remember. I don't wanna say because if you look back at it, it might look like I'm not telling you the truth." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 AM

Yeah, I can really see where Gold doesn't like the spotlight.

I can't wait to see what his ESPN intrviews during the main event were like.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Jesus Christ, what a tool.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Just finished listening to it all.

Wow.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM

This guy is the man.

Im listening to him right now and its gotta be said he is either the greatest Walter Mitty (sp?) character ever or the next big thing in poker.

He will have a WPT title before the next WSOP ME rolls around, mark my words.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be happy to make that bet. And this is not a slam on Jamie in the slightest. In fact, I'll let you pick any single player you want, and you can bet on them to win a WPT title in the next 12 months, and I'll take the opposite. Name your price.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be happy to make that bet. And this is not a slam on Jamie in the slightest. In fact, I'll let you pick any single player you want, and you can bet on them to win a WPT title in the next 12 months, and I'll take the opposite. Name your price.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh you're so on.

i'll take jennifer tily for eleventy brazillion dollars.

greg if ur gonna offer easy money, i gotta take it...
Old 08-16-2006, 03:06 PM

jamie gold=bad for poker

hes the biggest bullsh!t artist

he said chan called him the most natural play ever

he ripped AC

douche