Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Online 5-10...Three-way blind steal tussle with 88.

CO in this hand is unknown to me. The SB is fairly tight and doesn't play a lot of hands--maybe I'ld call him a sort of invisible TAG.

Preflop action is folded to the <font color="red"> CO who raises</font>, folded to the <font color="red"> SB who three bets</font>, I call in the BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets, </font> <font color="red">I raise, </font>CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">I bet, </font>SB calls.

River: (8.5 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, I check behind.

I think that every street but the turn is debateable.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Online 5-10...Three-way blind steal tussle with 88.

I think I would cap preflop with this hand since CO will be raising lightly and even though the SB is an "invisible TAG", he should be aware of the CO's stealing postion. You may get the CO to laydown some overcards.

Given that you didn't, I would raise the flop too since calling sucks and the SB could still be making a continuation bet w/ overs. You also need to force out the CO.

The turn is pretty standard, you definitely don't want to give a free card considering SBs action so far in the hand. You might win the pot right there and, even if called, could still be ahead (and have many outs if behind).

I would check through the river too, since SB either has you beat or won't call with a missed draw (unless you would consider him one to look you up with AK/AQ which is doubtful given his description).

All in all, I think the hand was well played but I would cap 88 preflop in this spot a lot of the time. The hand would play out differently from there.

Haupt_234
Old 07-15-2006, 02:53 AM

I would bet the river. You almost have to have sb beat and the pot is large enough to possibly induce a crying call.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:27 AM

D'oh, I didn't read the post right first time. I'm surprised with calling two from the BB, but I like the rest of the hand. Your flop raise puts the most pressure on the CO to fold, and further defines where you're at in the hand.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:04 AM

i would cap or fold pf.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:36 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Would he CO have folded for a cap preflop? If I had seen him her do that before I think a 4th bet has to go in preflop. Cutting down overcards for the flop aids you a ton. Otherwise I like the call preflop just because we get more information about the CO's hand, and leaves you in decent position to drop him if he doesn't raise.

The river doesn't scream bet to me.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would cap or fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Your hand is too big to fold. Calling is superior to folding. Capping vs Calling is close and dependant on lots of variables.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river. You almost have to have sb beat and the pot is large enough to possibly induce a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the river also. I mean, if he's got a super scared QQ-AA here, so be it, but I think it's far more likely he's got AK, AQ or some lower pair like 77 that is tied to the pot.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would cap or fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Your hand is too big to fold. Calling is superior to folding. Capping vs Calling is close and dependant on lots of variables.

[/ QUOTE ]

my statement has everything to do with the opponents involved and not the fact that this is a "raise or fold" situation. against this cast i am playing, and i am semi-cold capping. if i am against tight passives that are not position aware that only raise monsters pf i am in a position to fold only getting 3-1. i'm almost never just calling here because 88 is a strong hand, but it is alot stronger in position HU when we can control the action. our cap will often fold out a light-raising CO(who usually has live cards against us)and i feel like we can maximize our play so that quite honestly we will drag the pot a little more often as a result. this is not a raise or fold situation, but i tend to raise if i'm playing for the reasons above, or fold if a tight, uncreative weaky mcweak comes alive(which is not the case here). sorry for the confusion and if i am off base please correct me.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:45 PM

and i bet the river, also.