Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 AM

Default QTo versus nutball

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($12.01)
Button ($7.97)
SB ($2.16)
BB ($5.78)
Hero ($9.72)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.2</font>, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2</font>, SB calls $1.96 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($6.76) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.52 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $5.77 (All-In).

River: ($20.05) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $20.05

Button has been winning the craziest games the last few hands (hitting backdoor flushes/inside straights after raising 2x pot size!!) and he won quite a few from me. I am posting this hand to see if I wasn't spewing chips all over the the table.

SB has been playing increasingly bad. Mostly because he also lost a few weird games against Button. I put him on a low pair, mostly because of the initial check (he seems quite straightforward and not capable of c/r or slowplaying) and he has been trying to beat button for quite some time now. Button can have pretty much anything, I don't think sb expected me to call and hoped to take down a big pot.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: QTo versus nutball

Fold preflop. Fold to the preflop raise. Fold the flop.

As played, push the turn but this was ugly.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Ok, I got stupid disease and am very new here. I would have folded preflop to the raise. On the flop, I see top pair and a gutshot. The overcard outs are highly likely to not be clean. Why not bet out on the flop?

As played on the flop, I am getting 2.4 to 1 immediate odds. What am I not seeing here that makes this a horrible call?

Thanks for any explanation,

Doc
Old 05-12-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I got stupid disease and am very new here. I would have folded preflop to the raise. On the flop, I see top pair and a gutshot. The overcard outs are highly likely to not be clean. Why not bet out on the flop?

As played on the flop, I am getting 2.4 to 1 s immediate odds. What am I not seeing here that makes this a horrible call?

Thanks for any explanation,

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]This is a fold preflop first in. It's a crappy hand in a crappy position. On the flop, we are facing a big overbet that has already gotten one caller. I realise the guy is a maniac but we are probably beat here.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:41 AM

who the nutball?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 AM

The guy is not just a maniac he's a total lunatic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah my preflop call is questionable, consider I've been losing AA/KK type of hands against this person losing to crap (73 comes to mind :|). I was on tilt at the time (realising that after the games is alway nice) and I have loads of things to learn.

Ps. The nutball is the button. And SB was likely on tilt as well.