PDA

View Full Version : 4 hands from 5/10

poker1O1
01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
hand 1: should I have c/c'd this turn and river instead?
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Ad 9d (high card ace.)
Hero has Ks Ac (high card ace.)
Hero wins 12.40 BB.
</font>
hand 2: this line seems a little weak
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB.
Button doesn't show.
Button wins 9.40 BB.
</font>
hand 3: did I maximize this, 3bet the river?
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB.
UTG+1 has Ah Kc (three of a kind, kings.)
Hero has 7h 7c (a full house, Sevens full of kings.)
Hero wins 18.90 BB.
</font>
hand 4: was this line too weak?

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB.
UTG+1 doesn't show.
UTG+1 wins 9.40 BB.
</font>

poker1O1
01-04-2006, 10:49 PM
also, all villians are typical TAG's

Aces McGee
01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Hand 1: I see no reason to bet the turn. As played, I would probably fold the river barring some read that my opponent is at least slightly tricky.

Hand 2: Looks good from here.

Hand 3: I think you're okay just calling the river raise against an unknown, seemingly tight-aggressive opponent.

Hand 4: Fold looks okay, but folding the river on boards like this is why I am often hesitant to employ the way ahead/way behind line.

-McGee

hero
01-05-2006, 01:50 AM
1. check fold from the turn, also pls dont post results (i know i can choose not to look but amazed that nut non-pair was good)
2. good fold- i think button calling 2 cold on the flop and waking up with clubs is clear that tptk isn't good here.
3. i like the river, fearing KT- most thinking tags at 5/10 wouldn't play just trips this hard- wondering who's calling all these bets down?
4. what hands would 3-bet and riv raise you that you beat? overplayed AK or something like JsJx but if we're looking for information it costs us the same to c-call the river instead of betting out. this looks like a good wa/wb situation where i dont think he has a Q but what's he calling with here that we beat? TT's a nice hand with some showdown value but i'd prefer a c-call instead of a bet-fold for the same $.

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Hand 1: No comment
2 &amp; 3 look alright to me.
4: I really don't like folding on this river. A lot of pocket pairs can play this way. A rare AK perhaps, if she knows you'll bet/fold the river with any pair. I hate folding, so I c/c and expect to beat 99 or worse pair.

jakbse
01-05-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm a 1/2 player, so don't mind me. Haven't checked the results.
1/ Why do you call down a turn raise with A high?? Also, I would check/call with GS and overs.
2/ I would call down, he might try to scare you off and sometimes you're actually ahead.
3/ Fine, you can't really try to c/r this river as you capped the turn. I like the slowplay on the flop.
4/ Fine

Azhrarn
01-05-2006, 04:21 AM
1. I like check-calling this turn, yes. And I don't like the river call without a read that my opponent is capable of this level of donkery, as I wouldn't expect my hand to be good often enough at showdown versus an unknown. On the other hand, if you know he's a semi-bluff raising fool, I kinda like the line you took. He probably folded the winning hand for you.

2. Speaking of a little weak, I like folding to the flop raise. No one's mentioned this yet, and I think this deserves discussion.

The up: 12-1, we're closing the action, and we have overcards.

The down: Our club outs are dirty. And we're up against two coldcallers, with a jack on the board. We're running a pretty good risk of reverse domination. I don't see giving myself more than three outs here, and implied odds are working against us, since we don't know which (or if any) of our outs are clean.

Given your flop call, I like the turn play.

3. It's good. I wouldn't expect a worse hand to pop me again very often on the river. We're screaming "I have a full house!" here. I guess he wasn't listening.

4. Anyone else want to check-fold this flop? Against the typical range of an EP 3-bettor, we're only ahead of 99 and AK, and AK is still a small favorite against us if he's got a spade. Anyone feel like doing the math and counting hand combos and calculate our EV?

TRD23
01-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Hand 1
Check call the turn, fold the river UI. You have 3 other people that like their hand enough to call the flop on a un-coordinated board.

Hand 2
Pretty easy fold on the flop IMO. Button is looking for the flush so you only 4 outs, getting 12:1 with the possiblity of facing redraws if you hit on the turn, I am happy to put on my weak tight hat and fold here.

Hand 3
I was going to suggest raising the flop, but I think call and check raising the turn is much better as it will also make it unprofitable for anyone to call with a gut shot. The rest of the hand is good.

Hand 4
Maybe I need to make weak tight a more regular part of my play as I think folding the flop here is the best choice. I just think we are losing this hand far more then we are winning it, lets get out now.

Thanks for these hands, hand 4 was very useful.

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. check fold from the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrible. Did you miss the gut-shot?

hero
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. check fold from the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrible. Did you miss the gut-shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, missed it completely. my reasoning for folding to the c/r was the % that we're reverse dominated by something like A7 or KT. So we just picked up 4 more outs and i'd give our overs 2 each. If we call i figure we must fold the river bet ui?

bobhalford
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't like hand 3. You think a TAG UTG+1 would raise KT? I agree the raise on the river is a bit scary, but I wouldn't hesitate to 3-bet this. Your full house is disguised.