PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker won't open.

TwiceBanned
02-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Anybody else having problems?

Self Made
02-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Works fine for me.

midwestkc
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm playing there right now, and no probs

dlk9s
02-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I am having the exact same problem and was about to ask the 2+2 community about it, as well.

I played this morning for a little bit. When I tried to run the Empire software again this afternoon, I got a message saying that a required file was missing and I should reinstall, which I did.

Now, it looks like it starts to load - I get the little progress bar and what-not, but then it closes.

I'm going to e-mail Empire right now.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Party upgrade. It worked before I installed the new Party software.

Hans Gruber
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm having the same problem as well. The site worked fine for me 2 days ago, and now it doesn't. It attempts to connect a few times, then it crashes to a Windows "Send/Don't Send" message.

I got the following e-mail response from customer service (which is probably a load of bs):

Thank you for contacting us.

If you are unable to connect to our game servers despite being connected to the internet, it could be because of a firewall installed on your computer. Or, the ports used by our software are blocked. Firewalls like Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, McAfee Personal Firewall etc. may block the application's access to the internet.

We use TCP protocol and the ports 443, 2147 for communication. Please ask your network administrator or the person in charge of maintaining firewall configuration to open up these ports for outgoing and incoming traffic, or allow the application to access the internet.

If you require further assistance please feel free to contact our 24/7 Customer Care Department.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Reetu
Poker Customer Care

dlk9s
02-16-2006, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having the same problem as well. The site worked fine for me 2 days ago, and now it doesn't. It attempts to connect a few times, then it crashes to a Windows "Send/Don't Send" message.

I got the following e-mail response from customer service (which is probably a load of bs):

If you are unable to connect to our game servers despite being connected to the internet, it could be because of a firewall installed on your computer. Or, the ports used by our software are blocked. Firewalls like Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, McAfee Personal Firewall etc. may block the application's access to the internet.

We use TCP protocol and the ports 443, 2147 for communication. Please ask your network administrator or the person in charge of maintaining firewall configuration to open up these ports for outgoing and incoming traffic, or allow the application to access the internet.

If you require further assistance please feel free to contact our 24/7 Customer Care Department.

Reetu
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Same canned response I got. The second one I received told me to uninstall/reinstall. Thanks for the brilliant solution, which I already tried.

And I tried rebooting.

Between this and Party, today has been a frustrating poker day.

Redd
02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm having the same problem; I just get booted out at the loadup screen. I just installed empire on my new machine so I thought it was my new setup, but perhaps there's more to it. I've posted in CTH too - is there any sort of common denominator? I'm running xp pro, zone alarm (which I've tried disabling), and a dual core processor.

dlk9s
02-16-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm running ZoneAlarm, as well. I haven't disabled it, but Empire was working fine earlier today and I never changed any settings. I did make sure it had all the necessary permissions.

The only thing on my computer that is different between when it worked and when it didn't is the new Party software.

GT123
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
I am having the same problem on my desktop comp. I am pretty sure it has to do with the party upgrade because empire still works fine on my laptop where I have never downloaded party poker before. If someone figures out how to fix this problem please post it, thanks.

Mimick
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Just for the record, I'm having the same problem as well. It's definitely not a firewall issue since I disabled all my firewalls temporarily and it still won't connect. It just stays on the "connecting to empire" screen for me.

dlk9s
02-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I just tried it on my other computer, without the new Party software, and Empire won't work there, either. It can't be a firewall issue - it wouldn't just stop working like this.

I'm so glad I started that reload a couple days ago. Only 1200+ hands to go.

Still awaiting a reply from Empire to my third e-mail.

Kevroc
02-16-2006, 10:58 PM
LOL, you're day is gonna get worse... I would imagine that if Empire is now gonna be PartyGaming, you can't have accounts at both sites.

No observed HH, no rakeback, crappy fast MTT rounds, higher rake...

Party is making life difficult for the internet pro, this is still the heart of the "poker boom". We all will adapt but, must say that this bites pretty hard.

dlk9s
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the problems some people are having with Empire stem from the deal with Party. I would just hope they'd let me finish my bonus. If this doesn't get resolved in the next couple days, I'll request that they prorate my bonus to the amount I have completed (at least I'd pull a profit - I'm down $11).

Fortunately, some of the issues people are having don't affect me as much, since I'm no internet pro. But I'd at least like the software (Empire and Party) to work properly.

Hans Gruber
02-17-2006, 09:08 AM
I just received the following response from Empire, which says to install Empire to C:\Empire Poker instead of in Program Files. For those who are experincing this problem, does this work for you? I'm at work right now so I can't try it.

We are sorry you are experiencing difficulties accessing our site. In order to
resume playing you will need to uninstall and then reinstall our software.

IMPORTANT: Before you uninstall the software ensure you save "Player Notes" onto
a separate word file so that they can be retained. If you do not, all the notes
you made through the "Add Player Notes" option will be lost.

To uninstall the software:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'Settings', click
on 'Control Panel', and then double-click on the
'Add/Remove Programs'.
2. Select EmpirePoker.com, and click on 'Change/Remove' to
remove our software from your system.
3. From your desktop delete the EmpirePoker.comicon.
4. Open 'My Computer' and browse to "c:\". Once there
delete "C:\ EmpirePoker.com" folder (unless you renamed it
something different when you installed it the last
time).
5. Still in 'My Computer', open "c:\program files"
where you will see another folder called EmpirePoker.com,
delete this also.

To reinstall the software

1. Go to our website, click on "Click here to download and play now" to download
the software.
2. Save the setup file to the desktop.
3. Double-click on the saved setup file to start the installation procedure.
4. Change the default installation directory from "C:\Program Files
EmpirePoker.com" to "C:\ EmpirePoker.com".

Once you have reinstalled the software you will need to add the Player Notes:

1) Close all Windows.
2) Right click on the ýEmpirePoker.comýicon on the desktop.
3) Click on 'Properties'
4) Click on the 'Find Target' button
5) Right click on the 'Notes' file and click
on 'Copy'. Close all the windows.
6) Right Click on the Desktop and click on 'Paste'
7) Once ýEmpirePoker.comý is reinstalled, restore this file
in the ýEmpirePoker.com' folder.

Do not miss out on what is happening at EmpirePoker.com. For up-to-the-minute
information, please check the News & Events section of our website :

http://www.empirepoker.com/news/index.html?PHPSESSID=e9487d18ef65f02b1e0c0bca370a3 98e

Hima
Poker Customer Care

tufat23
02-17-2006, 09:27 AM
im retarted, wheres this 'notes' file?

dlk9s
02-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Reinstalling to a different directory does not work.

I received a third reply from Empire in which they attached a Setup file so I could try yet again another reinstall. Unfortunately, I could not try it, as Hotmail blocks .exe attachments.

goodguy_1
02-17-2006, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hans Gruber
02-17-2006, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I received a third reply from Empire in which they attached a Setup file so I could try yet again another reinstall. Unfortunately, I could not try it, as Hotmail blocks .exe attachments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also had the .exe sent to hotmail, so I had to forward that message to a different e-mail account, and then download the file from there. No luck.

tufat23
02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
hmm. still no idea how to solve this.
anyone else blaming the new party software?
i am

midwestkc
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I updated my party software last night, and I am playing on Empire as I type this. Don't know what could be happening for you guys, but I'm working like a charm (thank god, gotta play another 1100 hands to clear bonus).

brendanb438
02-17-2006, 12:50 PM
My Empire Poker still opens but something is horribly wrong with it. None of the pictures are showing up, can't open cashier windows and it is completely cracked out. I updated Party so this is def what caused the problem.

Brendan

Just tried to uninstall/ reinstall to just C:\EmpirePoker and now the program wont even open correctly it just comes up with multiple error reports.

Damnit Party and Empire get your [censored] together.

tufat23
02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
welcome to the club

MicroBob
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I can get onto empire just fine.

I did download the new party and looked around but didn't play there.

there are 4900 players on empire right now so it appears lots of players are getting on just fine.

ftball0000
02-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Count me as another who can't get empire to work now. Beginning connection screen comes up, but the normal welcome screen and table lists never come up.

-Ftball

Hans Gruber
02-17-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Count me as another who can't get empire to work now. Beginning connection screen comes up, but the normal welcome screen and table lists never come up.

-Ftball

[/ QUOTE ]

Send them a message...the more they get, the more (hopefully) incentive they'll have to try and fix this.

Redd
02-17-2006, 03:18 PM
FYI: I installed Empire on a new, completely clean machine that's never had party or a party ex-skin installed, updated version or otherwise. Empire isn't working for me.

MicroBob
02-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I this is so weird.

It works fine on my machnie still.

There are 5,300 players logged-on to empire right now. Which I think is probably close to normal for this time of day.
(I don't check very much so don't know...perhaps it's a little lower than usual for 2:20pm eastern).

cheddarmon
02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Don't know about Empire, but this morning I downloaded the stability patch for Party. Ever since downloading that I haven't been able to connect to Party. Real aggravating.

tufat23
02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
ok empirepoker.com is down right now. they having a meeting?

goodguy_1
02-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Empire working fine now -re-download the setup file off there website if you still are having issues.

AncientPC
02-18-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.empirepoker.com/download/index.htm gives me a 404, I can't re-download the setup and the existing one doesn't work . . .

hemstock
02-18-2006, 02:54 PM
It doesn't open for me either

TwiceBanned
02-18-2006, 04:59 PM
My Empire works now. If you are still having problems,erase all files dealing with Empire Poker and download the software from the official EmpirePoker.com website.

Worked for me.Saving your player notes is up to you.

AncientPC
02-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Any chance you can e-mail the setup file to me? wting @ ancientpc.net

I still can't download the client from EmpirePoker.com and I've tried Firefox and IE on 4 different computers . . .

TwiceBanned
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I'll try to help but I know very little about computers.

1. I hope your user name is not correct and are using a XP based machine since that is the only one I have any clue about.

2. I do not know how to Email a file.

3. What I did was

A.hit "Start"

B.hit "Search"

C. type Empire and search each catagory and delete until the search comes up empty.

D. open IE and type EmpirePoker.com

E. Make sure it is the official Empire site and not an affiliate.

F. Download the software

Good Luck

Robert

TwiceBanned
02-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Saving your notes is up to you