PDA

View Full Version : LFD gonna get fat log

latefordinner
04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
joining the log brigade just to keep myself vaguely accountable

goals: gain 25 pounds (currently 5'10", 118), functional strength, quit smoking, eventually ride a century in less than 5 hours though gonna go easy on any cardio for the time being, be able to do 20 pullups without rest

how it gonna happen: 4000 calories a day - start with 2 days/wk in the gym doing big compound lifts, one day of bodyweight training

food today:

breakfast - 6 pieces of organic bacon, 2 glasses of water, 1 glass of coffee, 3 eggs, bagel with peanut butter

lunch - big salad - mixed greens, kale, tomatos, carrots, peppers, cheese, avocado, turkey breast, heavy dressing

snack - 2 cups of whole milk yogurt with granola and flax oil added

snack - plate of pasta with butter

dinner - beans, rice and corn, peppers - 2 glasses of ensure

skunkworks
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
lol smoker. Quitting should net you some pounds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck.

latefordinner
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
you would think, but i've been an on-again off-again smoker for about the past 5 years (usually about 6 months on, 6 months off) and it usually doesn't work out that way. regardless, it's time to quit again and stay quit.

skunkworks
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
The biggest difference when I quit smoking was that I used to delay meals by smoking to stave off the hunger. It is a pretty good appetite suppressant (and awesome laxative). I've also read that it increases blood sugar levels, but not sure if that's true.

cbloom
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
biking a century is not a good mix with gaining weight.

latefordinner
04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
So I've been following Thremp's gaining weight plan of "just [censored] quit whining and eat goddamnit" 5000+ calories a day every day this week - well for the most part, not today, it's already 10 pm and I've only had one meal today because I've been working on a project all day.

Big problem so far - both milk and protein powders give me the nastiest ass farts I have ever smelled. My girlfriend kicked me out of bed last night because I was so stinky. Have to invest in some beano or something or wait till my GI tract gets used to the onslaught of calories.

Tomorrow is another lifting day.

edfurlong
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
You might want to consider trying the Lactaid milk, it could help with the gas. I've found that it's best to ease into protein powder. Starting with a serving a day for a couple days and working up from there. It makes me pee out my ass if I start taking a bunch after being off it for a while.

Rearden
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Lactaid milk isnt that terrible.... not the best but still.
They also make chewables and pills to pop before consuming milk products... that may help (works for me but I am totally lactose intolerant... I dont see why in theory though it couldnt ease an issue that sounds like simply not handling milk products at full strength)

jah7_fsu1
04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I've been following Thremp's gaining weight plan of "just [censored] quit whining and eat goddamnit" 5000+ calories a day every day this week - well for the most part, not today, it's already 10 pm and I've only had one meal today because I've been working on a project all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't go to crazy with your food choices or you'll be to fat to ride a century or do twenty pullups. More calories does not mean more muscle. You can only build so much in a day.

latefordinner
04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
trust me man, I've been 5'10" 115-125 pounds for over ten years. Getting too fat would be a welcome problem as I'm sure I could cut in like a few hours.

Alobar
04-19-2007, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
biking a century is not a good mix with gaining weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Thremp
04-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Umm... You sound like you are lactose intolerant. Keep the eats on.

Good luck.

latefordinner
04-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I am a bit - but only because I ate no dairy for about 6 years - yogurt doesn't bother me neither does whey protein so I've switched to rice milk with 2 cups of whole milk yogurt for the super calorie smoothies and the nasty farts went away.

skunkworks
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Whey, cottage cheese, and yogurt will have minimal amounts of lactose, therefore less nuclear bombs will be dropped in your bedroom. Do you think you'll be able to regain your lactose tolerance? I'm usually bad if I've had a layoff from milk for a while, but my body reacclimates itself quickly.