PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Challenge

Rearden
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Since many posts on here are dealing with posters who want to start taking a variety of supplements to improve performance/health or for fat loss....

Why not do the following:

Set a price point ($100, $200) etc. Assume you need a 60 day supply. Assume the person takes no other supplementation. The dollar figure should be fairly high as we're assuming the consumer is starting completely from scratch. Construct a supplement plan laying out the items, frequency, total price, design function, etc. This would require a bit of research on the part of posters to do more than just say "take x,y,z" but rather price check a bit and build within a range

This would create solid debate as to what stack many respected posters favor within a certain price range and would give supplement newbies ideas of where to start with respect to price/type/goals.

go go go

(after grocery/supplement shopping tomorrow I should have a better idea of what my own current intake costs and respond accordingly)

Lets set the starting points.... $150 and $300 as two price limits for 60 days of supplement madness designed for general performance/muscle building [we can run a thread for fat loss plans later]

Thremp
04-11-2007, 12:52 PM
EZ PWO + protein powder. Ship it, next topic. Maybe a stimulant and extra dose of PWO for pre on the $300 plan.

Rearden
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Set a price point ($100, $200) etc. Assume you need a 60 day supply. Assume the person takes no other supplementation. The dollar figure should be fairly high as we're assuming the consumer is starting completely from scratch. Construct a supplement plan laying out the items, frequency, total price, design function, etc. This would require a bit of research on the part of posters to do more than just say "take x,y,z" but rather price check a bit and build within a range

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp,
I know what youre talking about but I meant this thread to sort of explain things and help out total newbs who might not know the acronyms you could use, good price ranges, dosage for certain sups, etc etc. You could be a lot more informative and thus this thread as a whole could let people say "yeah I like X's stack ideas and plan" thus helping folks that dont know which end is up with sups and instead pop NO exploits and take Soy protein.

death_blooms
04-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Here is my usual order:

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey - 5 lbs chocolate mint
I usually take two scoops (48g protein) after lifting and two before bed.

Universal Nutrition Animal Pak Vitamins
One package before lifting. One in the morning on off days.

BSN NO-Xplode
2 Scoops 30 minutes before lifting. One scoop mid day on off days. I cycle this on and off every 12 weeks.

Designer Whey Detour Bars
I get these to take with me during the day in case I need a snack.

Bally Total Fitness Glutamine Powder
I take one scoop (5g Glutamine) in with my shake after lifting. I get this brand because it is dirt cheap and all unflavored gluatmine powder is the same.

Usually totals around $125

Rearden
04-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Death Blooms,

Despite the fact that you disagree with me on certain supplements (NO-X) I would like to thank you for making this kind of post; its exactly what I was after in the OP and hopefully other posts of its quality will lead to more complete discussions of supplementation.

edfurlong
04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm just getting back into the gym after a very long hiatus. Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% whey and creatine.

If I was going to use anything else it would be coming mail order from the middle east.

Thremp
04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just getting back into the gym after a very long hiatus. Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% whey and creatine.

If I was going to use anything else it would be coming mail order from the middle east.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize you can get quality home brewed steeroids? If you don't know where/how to get em', you likely don't need to use em'.

edfurlong
04-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I definitely don't need them. I could probably find some as close as Canada though!