PDA

View Full Version : Log of Delta K : Change in K

delta k
04-02-2007, 11:39 AM
So in science/math the delta (triangle symbol) means 'change in', so basically my delta K screen name could be read as change in K, which, is exactly what I hope to see after devoting the next two months to health and fitness.

While this will be a post for me to update and continue to use for my progress, I also hope that some people will read it from time to time and give advice, ask questions, etc.

Background: I'm 23, 6 foot, 185 or so. Not particularly strong or weak, but I guess on the stronger side. I have fat on my body, certainly, but there is also noticeable muscle definition, however obscured it might be. I've played baseball, basketball, rugby, xcountry skiing and ran a half marathon last year. Currently I'm in a basketball league and waiting for baseball to start next month.

Activities: I try to get to the gym 3 times a week or so for lifting and another one or 2 times for basketball or running. I also like doing lots of ab work, pull ups and push ups on a daily basis from home.

Food: I'm not much of a cook and my diet is pretty boring. AM is generally a bowl of grape nuts or special K with a protein shake. A protein bar around 11, lunch consisting of a chicken sandwich or salad and some protein, another protein shake around 3 and dinner of usually soup/salad or some time of meat. I would say one of my biggest problems is not eating enough or eating too clean so that I cannot put on any weight and I'm working on that. One thing I've read is putting the number 0 on your hand, and each morning adding 1 if you ate correctly the day before. I guess it's supposed to reinforce what you're doing and make it less likely that you'll cheat once you have a few days invested in it.

What specifically am I doing: I am trying to be in the best shape I can be by June 1. It might be difficult since I have some school and work stuff going on between now and then, but I think it's a good chance to see what I can do- I'm going to Mexico the second week of June and want to look as good as possible for that.

I'll be updating this daily or hourly or semi-annually- basically whatever I decide and see fit. Feel free to post in this thread, it's not just for me.

Kyle

delta k
04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Monday: Long day and didn't get a chance to go to the gym. I did 4 sets of 8 hanging leg raises, some normal push ups and pull ups before bed but it's a sorry consolation. I didn't eat as clean as I'd like, because I was taken to dinner by a friend at a greasy diner where at least I had a chicken breast sandwich and beans instead of a burger and fries.

Tuesday: Protein shake and special K in the morning. Just had a small bowl of pasta w/ red sauce and a chicken breast. In a few I'll have my 2 hard boiled eggs, yogurt and my protein shake here at work.

BAD: The store didn't have muscle milk shakes (not sure if they were out or stopped carrying them). Thus I got stuck with some type of Atkins shake- from what I can tell it's close to the same- little less protein/fat/calories but nothing major. Much cheaper (on sale) but still, I want my milk!

delta k
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Eating clean, perhaps too clean. I'm going to try to get more high calorie/high nutrition meals into my diet, or eat larger servings of the good stuff (6 eggs instead of 3, for example).

Today was a pretty good day of lifting. Deads/calfs/rows/chest press (lots of reps)/incline flys/tri extensions/tri pull downs and some intense ab work.

Whenever I'm out of the gym for a while I lose a lot of my leg strength and definition. At what point am I going to look strong, even if I haven't been in the gym for 3 weeks? I have high shcool friends who haven't lifted since football ended who are still rocked up. what gives? Also deads and squats always feel so weird the first day back....