PDA

View Full Version : Need workout routine for weight loss

kassdog
03-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Could one of you guys post a link for a regular routine for working out at the gym mainly for weightloss. To be a little more specific I'm about 5'8" and weigh about 205-210. I would like to get down to about 150-160. I realize this is a lot of work and I plan to be patient with it. My main problem is my gut. I'm one of those guys where all my fat goes to my gut. I don't know why(proabably genes because that's what my dad looks like). My legs and arms are fine just my gut. Thanks.

Thremp
03-22-2007, 12:24 AM
kassdog,

Here's a step-by-step program.

1) Start writing down everything you eat and the amount.
2) Go to t-nation.com and print out a workout and a diet and follow exactly what they suggest.
3) ???????
4) Profit.

kassdog
03-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I tried writting down everything I eat but I ate like a fool. Just so speratic and never really a consitent schedule. I guesss I can but I've already started to eat better.

kerowo
03-22-2007, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried writting down everything I eat but I ate like a fool. Just so speratic and never really a consitent schedule. I guesss I can but I've already started to eat better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't eat like a fool and maintain a weight that is about 25% less than you weigh now. Try harder.

kyleb
03-22-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you write down what you eat, you will be embarassed by reading it at the end of the week.

Colt McCoy
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you write down what you eat, you will be embarassed by reading it at the end of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. That's the whole point of writing it down.

For a workout, I'm a big fan of circuit routines or barbell/dumbell complexes for fat loss.