PDA

View Full Version : Ask me how to get ripped...

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-21-2007, 12:30 AM
the proof is in the puddin.... go head

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/RHCNNN/front.jpg

cbloom
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Does it involve the juice?

miami32
03-21-2007, 12:54 AM
What is your daily diet like? How regimented is it? How often do you do ab routines? What supplements do you use? Fat burner? What are your opinions on lean system 7, or your thoughts on the best fat burner on the market today?

Warder
03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
I've also been wondering about lean system 7 for a long time. I always checked out www.nutros.com (http://www.nutros.com) and looking for the best weight loss supplements and thermogenic fat burners. I then found just about every supplement that had the highest ratings in those categories in Lean System 7. After that I never knew if the site was legit in it's supplement reviews or were biased to promote their products.

Thremp
03-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Does it involve Salazar and his suave eyes that seduce you when you least expect it?

einbert
03-21-2007, 02:27 AM
how much cardio do you do?
what specific ab exercises do you do and how much weight if it's a weighted exercise. and how often per week do you do these?

Nice job.

ddollevoet
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I'd also be very interested in hearing about your diet.

Colt McCoy
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Wtf? Instead of posting some gay pic of yourself, and starting a stupid "ask me" thread, why not start a thread telling people what you do or what you think is the best way to get ripped.

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Colt,
my diet consists of no hatorade. Stop drinking that crap or you will remain a fatty for sure.

All,
Ill get to answerin when I get off of work (yea I actually have a job where I cant surf 2+2 now - beat)

XXXNoahXXX
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf? Instead of posting some gay pic of yourself, and starting a stupid "ask me" thread, why not start a thread telling people what you do or what you think is the best way to get ripped.

[/ QUOTE ]

StaticShock
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I applaud your boldness to post a picture such as this given the photoshop abilities of so many 2+2 members. (HINT, HINT GUYS!)

tdarko
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Ash,

It isn't hatorade or whatever. He (Colt) is actually right b/c I don't think the overdone "ask me" format fits for The Gym. Most people come here to learn what they don't know and questions can sometimes be tough to come by if you don't give them a reference point or a jumping off point, which is evident by the lack of questions resulting from your thread. In OOT you can start a thread like, "ask XXX about real estate" and there are thousands around that have tons of questions without direction needed from dealing with housing and lessons they have learned etc.

The point is, you can't just post a pic and think you will get great questions to answer b/c of the pic, doesn't work that way. Give a breakdown of your day and its purpose. You diet and its purpose. Your workouts and their purpose. This information will strike a chord with those reading and they will get questions b/c like you said it worked for you.

tuq
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ash,

It isn't hatorade or whatever. He (Colt) is actually right b/c I don't think the overdone "ask me" format fits for The Gym. Most people come here to learn what they don't know and questions can sometimes be tough to come by if you don't give them a reference point or a jumping off point, which is evident by the lack of questions resulting from your thread. In OOT you can start a thread like, "ask XXX about real estate" and there are thousands around that have tons of questions without direction needed from dealing with housing and lessons they have learned etc.

The point is, you can't just post a pic and think you will get great questions to answer b/c of the pic, doesn't work that way. Give a breakdown of your day and its purpose. You diet and its purpose. Your workouts and their purpose. This information will strike a chord with those reading and they will get questions b/c like you said it worked for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/tuq2k2/haterade.gif

tdarko
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
tuq,

Mango is my favorite, then Citrus Cooler.

XXXNoahXXX
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Unless you have some advice, move this to BBV.

You lay out how you did it and then people ask followup, detailed questions.

Thats how this is supposed to work.

Colt McCoy
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mango is my favorite

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too! How can I get a body like his?

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8823/chriskattan68qv7.jpg

Thremp
03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Citrus Cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Underrated worse than Dennis Rodman.

slickpoppa
03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Citrus Cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Underrated worse than Dennis Rodman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citrus Cooler >>> all. Was Jordan's favorite flavor. Its very hard to find nowadys. I can find 64 oz. bottles in larger grocery stores, but I'm not sure they even make 20 or 32 oz bottles of citrus cooler anymore.

slickpoppa
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
What is your height, weight, and BF% in that pc?

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
slick, I'm a shade over 6' I weigh about 179lbs and bf about 7 or 8%

All,
I could post a daily diet chart, or explain my set/rep and split scheme... but that can be found anywhere. At the risk of stating the obvious, I just want to say that to get ripped - to look like an athlete you need to live the lifestyle of one.

I'm sorry but you will not get in covermodel shape by going to the gym 3 times a week and doing cardio on a treadmill. You need to bust your ass to get in great shape. You need to train like an athelete. That means INTENSE cardio, not chill stuff you can do while reading a magazine.

I recently begun stretching intensely too, not simply as a part of warm up, but as an activity in itself. I can stretch for a good 30 minutes and break a mean sweat doing it. In my experience it helps become more aware of your muscles and their functions. Flexibility is a form of strength. It helps you gain greater control over your muscles and will help you use your muscles correctly when lifting. It also lengthens your muscles and corrects your posture and makes you look healthier, and more athletic.

I only lift wieghts 3 days a week. I prefer to perform funtional exercises that utilize your muscles in the most natural way. I'm talking about barbell squats, deadlifts, pullups (all the way up, and ALLLL the way down), weighted dips, push presses, power cleans, Dumbbell benches etc.

I know i am not that big, but my goal is to look athletic and ripped. I feel freakin healthy and overall great right now... plus girls jock it hard.

Sorry that I have no ground breaking secrets, but I just want you guys who actually are serious about getting in shape to know that you need to approach this intensely. You need to live it.

Imagine a coworker of yours with no experience playing poker tells you hes gonna learn how to play. You probably would not expect much because you know most people go about approaching poker in incorrect ways. THe deal is the same here... to excel in this you have to LIVE AND BREATHE it just like you do to get good at poker.

I don't mean training for hours on end EVERY DAY... i just mean doing things completely, intensely, and always thinking about it.

You need to think about what you are putting in your mouth every single time you eat. Each time ask yourself if this is making you fatter or helping you get lean and gain muscle? EVERY TIME. take a break on weekends or whatever (thats what i do).. but I still think about how this food is effecting my body every single damn time I take a bite

Green Kool Aid
03-21-2007, 11:09 PM
ash,

a description of your stretching routine would be cool.

i have been increasing my overall flexibility a lot recently, and want to move beyond basic stretches.

kyleb
03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
This thread may yet generate some results, but I agree with tdarko that the "ask me" format isn't going to work here.

XXXNoahXXX
03-22-2007, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ash,

a description of your stretching routine would be cool.

i have been increasing my overall flexibility a lot recently, and want to move beyond basic stretches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've been doing 30 minutes a day of intense stretching for my back, designed by my PT (nothing too fancy), and by the time I'm done I am sweating pretty bad and can feel the muscles being seriously stretched and worked.

XXXNoahXXX
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Ash,

1.) Can you give us an example of your routine on one of your traditional lifting days?

2.) Can you give us an example of a nontraditional workout?

3.) Can you give us an example of a normal day's diet?

4.) What supplements do you take regularly?

5.) Do you happen to have any before pics to give us a sense of the timeline and how long it took?

ddollevoet
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Macros?

1C5
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
wtf, this thread sucks. This is from Tiger, as applies to golf.

"Hi, I am Tiger, ask me how to be good at golf"

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41531000/jpg/_41531596_woods220.jpg
[ QUOTE ]

All,
I could post a daily practice chart, or explain my driving and putting scheme... but that can be found anywhere. At the risk of stating the obvious, I just want to say that to get good at golf, become a golf pro - to look like an athlete you need to live the lifestyle of one.

I'm sorry but you will not get in pro golf shape by going to the range 3 times a week and doing long irons only . You need to bust your ass to get in pro golf shape . You need to train like an athelete. That means INTENSE practice , not chill stuff you can do while reading a magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

theblackkeys
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
This thread sucked hard until you posted this.

MuresanForMVP
03-22-2007, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the proof is in the puddin.... go head

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/RHCNNN/front.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ash, you make me laugh and I enjoy your posts but seriously...why the hell did you put that douchey hat on? did you have it on initially, take it off in order to take your shirt on then decide to put it back on again because it gives you more "attitude" or what?

DonkeyKongSr
03-22-2007, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post/Topic added

The selected post/topic has been added to your list. You will see this entry in 'My Home' until you remove it if you added it as a Favorite. You also will get any replies to your Favorite topics emailed to you if you have this option enabled in your profile. Reminders will not be emailed to you and will go away once you make a reply to the post. In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally I'll learn the secrets of my hero.

As for my questions for now, Noah has covered them, so I'll wait for those and go from there.

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Noah,

A standard lifting week for me is the following:

Tuesday - Legs
Barbel Squat - 4 sets, 10,10,8,6 reps
Barbell Deadlift - 3 sets, 8, 6, 4 reps
Leg Extension - 3 sets, 10,10,10 reps
Hamstring Curl - 3 sets, 10,10,10 reps
Standing calf raises - 3 sets to failure each

Wednesday - Chest + Back
Pullups 3 sets, 10,10, 8 reps (PERFECT FORM)
Incline barbell BenchPress - 4 sets, 10,10,8,6 reps
Standing two-armed dumbell rows - 3 sets 10,10,8 reps
Flat dumbell BP - 3 sets - 10, 8, 6 reps
Some back machine - 3 sets 10,8,8 reps
2 sets of weighted dips 10 reps + 45lbs
2 sets of cable crossovers
2 sets of cable rows

Saturday - Shoulders + arms
Hang clean - 4 sets, 8,8,6 reps
Push press - 3 sets 8,8,8 reps
LAteral dumbell raises - 3 sets, 10,10,10
BArbell shrug - 3 sets 10,10,10
two handed overhead dumbell extension - 3 sets 10,10,10
3 sets cable preacher curl - 10,10,10
Decline skull crusher - 3 sets 10,10,10
Barbell curl - 3 sets, 10,10,10
3 sets dumbell shrug, 10,10,10

Nontraditional workouts for me are my cardio. This is breakdance for me. Forget what you saw in the 80s. It is full body, intense cardio to the max. ON these days I stretch (standard stretches you can look up anywhere) for a good 30 minutes before breaking for 1-2 hours. I do this twice a week.

I also do abs twice a week (if that, sometimes only once) and I do 3 sets of 10 reps on swiss ball pike. and 3 sets of 10 reps on hanging leg raises from arm slings.

I only take protein supplement, although I have used creative before and seen positive results.

I eat clean during the week and let loose a little on the weekends. I am not eating enough to get big and have not done so for a while. When I have more money I will be eating a lot more. Clean food is expensive.
A typical day of eating for me is as follows:
2 eggs, 2 slices of wheat toast. Some sort of bran cereal or oatmeal

Apple

grilled chicken club sandwhich from wendies

banana

spaghetti with lean ground beef.

Chicken and potatoes

plum

I dont have any before pics, but i was same height and weighed under 160 4 years ago with higher bf%.

I cannot stress how obsessed u have to be to get ripped. If you are not a real athlete and playing a sport competitively you need to find ways to make your daily life as physically challenging as a real athelete's.

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
MuresfanMVP,
my hair was not that short and it was looking messed up. I put a hat on cuz this $hit went on my myspace and I needed to stay fresh for the girls

TheJubilantMale
03-22-2007, 10:14 PM
But what do you drink? Waater Only??

Green Kool Aid
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
what is your heartrate at and approximately for how long when you are doing this intense breakdancing??

1C5
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Can you give your stretch routine.

PS, thread is getting better by the response, nice work.

Jay.
03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
good thread and format. sure, this way gets the info out a day later, but so what.

no real questions, just wondering about time scale as i don't think you meantioned it.

tdarko
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is your heartrate at and approximately for how long when you are doing this intense breakdancing??

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally see it, he is breakdancing with complete intensity but all the while keeping a keen eye on his heart rate monitor and never letting his groove slip! Hot.

Green Kool Aid
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally see it, he is breakdancing with complete intensity but all the while keeping a keen eye on his heart rate monitor and never letting his groove slip! Hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

but...

if hes saying its really good cardio, i can imagine he has checked it at least once. otherwise, how would you know? i sweat a lot and am really tired after playing golf in the summer, but i wouldnt say its "good cardio."

AsH_KeTcHuM
03-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Kool Aid,
no I've never checked my heart rate once. The difference between you sweating while golfing is that you are sweating from the heat. I break indoors at night time so when I get drenched in sweat it is from doing physically exerting calistenics (esstially what breaking is).

Jubilant,
I drink water like 85% of the time or more. I started drinking cofee and tea to keep me awake at work, but I don't drink soda, or sugary juices. I drink beer n liqour when Im partying but not really casually or daily at all.

IC5, like I said I do mostly standard stretches that you could find online. I hate to sound all mysterious and gay about it, but in stretching (and exercising in general) you really need to learn how to get in a zone where you are completely focused on your body movement. Stretching is about learning how to pay attention to multiple muscles at once and making them move against their natural way of movement. I am pretty sure that doesnt make too much sense... but like I said when you stick with it long enough you will learn a lot about your body.