PDA

View Full Version : Quick Wake Up Routine

Rev. Good Will
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I on and off, depending if I remember or not, do some exercises in my bedroom before going out for the day. My aim is to hit as much muscles as I can in minimal time. I usually don't do more than 2 sets of each exercise.

My routine now:

jumping jacks/stepping/whatever, just something to get my blood flowing
random stretching (mostly my legs, I want to be able to throw high roundhouse kicks cold, but that is for a different thread)

push ups (regular ones)
crunches
chair dips
leg lifts
Wall Squats (probably not the right name, but basically I bend my legs close to 90 degrees, and press my back flat against a wall, gives a good thigh workout)
repeat once starting from push ups.

And thats it for now. Any suggestions? I more or less want to have something not too intensive, but want to hit most muscle groups, or at least the more used ones.

hotbacon
03-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I would highly reccomend you start going to a gymn. It would make your life sooooo much easier. Seriously, you're not going to see much progress doing this.
If a gymn is super super inconveniant for you, then consider buying a squat rack, barbell, and some weights, and putting them in your garage or something. It would be money well spent.

If you really want to continue doing this though, I would recommend you add pull ups in there.

Warder
03-21-2007, 01:00 AM
A pullup bar would be one of the best investments you could make

theblackkeys
03-21-2007, 02:26 AM
buy dumbells or a kettlebell. They'll be much more convenient, and they're as good as a barbell, squat rack and weight plates for your needs.

einbert
03-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Replace the wall squats with full box squats.
Get a plate or two to do crunches (or situps which I prefer when weighted) or your abs aren't going to show any improvement (unless you do massive amounts of crunches every day, like hundreds).

Colt McCoy
03-21-2007, 09:44 AM
If you're going to do just bodyweight exercises, I'd recommend Pavel's The Naked Warrior (http://www.dragondoor.com/b28.html). It has a lot of great ideas on how to get the most out of these exercises. You can't develop the same strength from these movements that you will from progressive resistance, but you can definitely get stronger.

My personal favorite bodyweight exercise are eight-count bodybuilders: Start from a standing position. Squat down and place your palms on the ground. Thrust your feet out behind like a squat thrust. You're now in the up position for a push-up. Do two push-ups. Pull your feet back in to your hands so you're back squatting like a frog with your hands on the ground. Stand up.