PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of manboobs

Scotty.
03-19-2007, 07:17 PM
What would be the most effective and quickest method of getting rid of manboobs/bitchtits? I think they look horrible, and really aren't proportional to the amount of fat I have elsewhere.

I do a chest and tricep workout as 1 day of a 4 day cycle. The chest specific exercises include bench press, sometimes incline or decline bench, bar dips, pec flys with freeweights, sometimes with cables and sometimes on the pec deck. My chest has gone through very noticeable improvements - bench from 145 to 205 over a couple of months (though much lower again now).

No matter what though, I can't seem to get rid of the layer of fat covering my pecs. I can notice my belly fat going up and down over periods of time depending on my eating, drinking, and workout habits, but the manboobs never seem to change.

Are there any specific techniques I could work on, or diet changes or supplements that could help with this?

nation
03-19-2007, 07:27 PM
well first off all, what are you height and weight?

skunkworks
03-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Scotty,

If you're pretty much done with puberty, aren't taking any prescription medications, and don't have a real case of gynomastecia (medical bitchtits), there isn't much you can do besides improve your body composition. I think depending on our genes some parts of our body are just more stubborn to let go of their fat reserves. If it makes you feel any better, for me personally, fat tends to go to my boobs and love handles.

Do you happen to know what your body fat % is? You may also want to have a doctor rule out gynomastecia next time you visit.

Scotty.
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm 21 years old, so yea, done with puberty, 5'11 and ~205lbs. I'm pretty confident that I don't have gynomastecia or any actual condition. I haven't had my body fat% checked in a long time, but it was 17% I believe when that last happened.

Over the last summer I was using M1T's and 4-AD for a couple of months, and put on roughly 20lbs during that period. I'm pretty sure that my proportions stayed the same though, I just got bigger and stronger.

Here is a pic for reference - obviously not horrible, but not aesthetically pleasing either IMO.

http://photos-315.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v62/162/61/21002315/n21002315_31510603_2441.jpg

SNOWBALL
03-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Scotty,

Get a tattoo on your stomache. It'll distract from the manboobs. BTW, I think your chest looks fine. I guess it could use improvement, but you shouldn't be too concerned.

nation
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah you look fine man, only thing you need to do is diet down a little, and keep working out. doesnt look like bitchtits to me.

Scotty.
03-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Like I said, not horrible, but I really dislike that layer of fat covering them, which is especially noticeable when I am sitting down without a shirt on. Ultimately, I would like to get really cut pecs, but that is a far off dream that I might not ever be able to achieve. It's just kind of frustrating that no matter how much chest workout I do, or how much bigger/stronger my pecs get, it doesn't seem to be noticeable due to the fat.

Rootabager
03-19-2007, 09:05 PM
run and eat better.

Thremp
03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
1) Lose fat mass to make sure you actually have manboobies.
2) Surgery.

TxRedMan
03-19-2007, 10:33 PM
They're not that bad Scotty. But FTR you need to stay away from flat bench press. And decline. I want you to focus on incline heavily, as building your upper chest will make your chest much more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing to look at. I've got a similar problem, though I'd say it's a muscular problem as opposed to a fat tissue problem. I did flat bench press so heavy for so long that my lower pecs just out developed my upper pecs, and it doesn't look right, esp. from the side. If you want to have a great looking chest (all guys that do usually have this characteristic) build your upper pecs. The upper pectorals are where it's at.

But don't kid yourself, Scotty. You could lose 15-20 LBS and those bitch [censored] would dissapear. If you focused on losing some weight and trying to focus on incline bench press when doing chest, I think you'd be happy with the results.

Thremp
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
TxRedMan,

There is no upper chest. There is a pec major and minor and your delts. Please use correct terminology to spread misinformation.

To help you learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_major_muscle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_minor_muscle

For an example of why people think this trash:

http://muscleblitz.com/chest_muscle.htm

Rearden
03-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Going by that pic, and I mean no offense, you could stand to lose weight and probably lose the manboobs. Perhaps youre just genetically predispositioned to have more fat there than other areas; everyone has a problem area... who knows. Either way I think youre too soft overall to claim this as a unique problem. If your bodyfat % as a whole went down I think this problem would shrink as well (hahaha clever pun)

death_blooms
03-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Post deleted by death_blooms

Thremp
03-20-2007, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Tx's defense...this is a link off of the site you put up for "building the UPPER chest"

http://muscleblitz.com/upper_chest.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it.

death_blooms
03-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Misread the comment on top of the link...my bad

Scotty.
03-20-2007, 02:47 AM
OK, well aside from the terminology confusion, does he make a good point about doing the incline press, and staying away from flat/decline? This kind of struck me as odd, as I kind of thought the lower regions of my chest was what needed to be built up more, as that's where most of the "sogginess" is. The upper regions of my pecs feel quite hard.

Also, yea, I definitely agree about dropping the 15-20 lbs, and I am working on it. I have a pretty solid 4-day workout cycle, and I'm trying to add in 20+ mins of bike or treadmill at the end of each workout now. I've also just started on the ECA stack as an experiment. My biggest problem is diet and drinking - I'm living in college dorms, and I'm finding it very tough to eat well, and abstain from drinking.

Thremp
03-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Scotty,

Its a lack of basic physiological knowledge that is the problem. If you need clarification attempt to flex your upper/lower/inner/outer pecs and see if you can control which areas flex, feel free to use any props to assist you.

You'd probably be better off doing HIIT at other times than a 20+min cycle before your workout.

TxRedMan
03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Thremp,

Are you trying to say that there is no muscle tissue in the upper chest?

I don't get what you're doing here. I never said that there was pectoral upper and pectoral lower, but I did say that incline will develop the muscle tissue in your upper chest- what else am I to call it? It will work more heavily on the muscle tissue on the northern part of your chest?

Meh.

Quit splitting hairs dude.

zer0
03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the last summer I was using M1T's and 4-AD for a couple of months, and put on roughly 20lbs during that period.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you didnt do any post cycle treatment, or took a cycle without properly researching, this is your problem. a main side effect of pro hormones is "man boobs"

you can't target one part of your body to lose fat, you've just gotta up the cardio.

Warder
03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
After high school I pretty much spent 3 years obsessed with bodybuilding and playing poker (a.k.a complete loser/tool)

If you want to really "look good" you have to change your lifestyle and not just go on a diet. While I don't recommend obsessing about it, you definitely need to make gradual changes that become lifetime habits. Don't make the excuse of living in a dorm as the reason for you not to get what you want. It just comes down to priorities. You have to want to reach your goal for your body more than you want to go out drinking and eating fast food. Don't try to change, just make the decision and stick to it.

With that said, get in the habit of eating for nutrition, not for pleasure. Record what you eat in a given day/week. Total up the calories and then make a reduction in your total intake. Also, definitely start doing some sort of light cardio everyday. Not too intense, however, so you are able to recover enough for the next day. Something as simple as 30-45 minutes in the morning at about 60-70% of your max heart rate. I like cardio in the morning so that it boosts my metabolism and helps burns extra calories throughout the day. Also, I'm not sure how often you're working out your chest, but don't do more than 2 days a week to prevent over training.

As far as diet goes, stick to low carbs (watch out for sugars) high protein and a low-moderate amount of fat. Also, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. Here is my diet:

Breakfast
6 egg whites
1 yolk
1 cup Fiber One Cereal
1/2 cup milk
Multi Vitamin
Glutamine
Gingko
Caffeine pill or Green Tea
Lots of water/Green Tea

Midmorning snack
Protein Shake (with water, not milk) **limit dairy intake**
1/3 cup of almonds (about a handful)
Fish Oil
Water

Lunch
Chicken salad/ Fish / Chicken Breast (one of these)
1 cup green vegetables with a little olive oil and lemon
1 cup rice/whole wheat pasta(one of these, not all the time)
water

Preworkout
Protein Shake (w/water)
creatine
caffeine

Post workout
Protein Shake (w/water)**added dextrose for uptake**
Multivitamin
Creatine
Glutamine
(Avoid any fats here because they slow down nutrient uptake)

Dinner
Chicken/Fish (just one)
1 cup green vegetables
Fish Oil
Flax Oil

Before Bed
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (hate it, but I do it)

And I'd listen to TxRedMan.... focus on incline and work your upper chest. Look for pictures of Arnold and Franco Columbo if you want to see what great overall chest development. These guys focused on incline movements much much more than any flat or decline movements.

If you have any questions you can pm me. Not sure if I covered everything, but this should be a great starting guide for anybody.

Mike

Thremp
03-20-2007, 02:31 PM
TxRedMan,

I'm saying that you can't target your "upper" chest. Your chest isn't even as differentiated as your triceps with multiple heads or your biceps with different insertion points for some of the muscles. Its simply two muscles and whether you do incline/decline/flat bench you will activate the whole chest to whatever degree the exercise does.

Scotty,

The prohormones may be why. I've taken 4-AD before and its typically one of the more anabolic and less androgenic prohormones, but some people are very sensitive to estrogen (Some % of males randomly develop gyno during puberty) so you need to be careful. Nipple soreness is usually the primary indicator.

Scotty.
03-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I never had any nipple soreness, and as I mentioned before, I think I was in roughly the same proportions before and after taking those. I don't remember, it might have actually been 1-AD that I was taking - whichever one is commonly used in conjunction with M1T.

Thremp
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never had any nipple soreness, and as I mentioned before, I think I was in roughly the same proportions before and after taking those. I don't remember, it might have actually been 1-AD that I was taking - whichever one is commonly used in conjunction with M1T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its 1AD which is a more androgenic stack. In that case its likely from puberty. Lose some fat mass and if that doesn't work... surgery.

death_blooms
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Definately not 1-AD causing it, 1-AD is a-diol meaning no estrogenic conversion prior, but none post-conversion either because 1-test doesn't aromatize to estrogens.

diddle
03-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Scotty,

You look like me before I lost some fat. I gain fat mostly in my chest and stomach, not so much everywhere else.

You are probably >20% bodyfat looking at your picture. Lose some fat to get rid of your manboobies.