PDA

View Full Version : Help me and my fiancée look hot for our wedding! (3 months)

Peter Harris
03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,
I'll post a bit of info, and hopefully some of you gym heads could help with advice.

I am 5'4", 133(ish - 130-133) pounds. My metabolism is pretty high, so i'm burning off a lot. I could only really do with toning up my stomach - I like how the rest of me looks, but doing pressups/arm work wouldn't be so bad.

My fiancée is 4'10", about 108lbs and wants to be <100 in the next 3 months. Her metabolism is shot to crap - she takes medication that does that *and* gives her muscle ache when doing high intensity stuff (e.g. running)

She is probably "fitter" than me - e.g., last week i swam 600m and during the last 6x25m lengths i was seriously out of breath; this may be restricted lung capacity from athsma as a child or working in a cigarette-smoke atmosphere [pub] 30hrs/week. She was fine and probably could have gone 100-200m more.

So, she has about 12 weeks to drop 10lbs (i'm sure if she dropped a stone she'd be happier, but I think that's an unhealthy drop). she'd also like to tone her stomach. She doesn't want to do anything that might make her thighs chunkier [i thought exercise couldn't "chunkify" legs??]

I don't know much about diet and exercise, so I instituted the following to get her started:

- pressups - starting on knees, 40x; when able to do full situps, start at 20, work up to 50, then 100x by wedding. At least 3x week, 4x better

- situps - normal situps, 40x at present, up to 100x by wedding with some mixed format situps to work out slightly different muscle groups
At least 3x week, 4x better

- swimming -> doing 2x700m sessions this week, want to be doing 1000m by end of april and mile by wedding. 2-3 times/week

- tennis -> she can't direct the ball yet, so we're just doing 1hr/2x week to get her up to a level where we can rally. then 90m 2x week.

Alongside this, we're regulating her (our!) diet. Breakfast is usually oatmeal (porridge) with agave syrup; midmorning snack usually fruit/fruit bar [100% fruit]. Lunch varies and isn't hard set, usually just a mix of complex carbs and a bit of protein. Afternoon snack again fruit, nuts/seeds or another fruit bar. Dinner usually a variety of steamed veg, lean meat and carbs are usually rice or pasta. sometimes potato.

She usually insists on spending one day a week not doing any exercise, but doesn't gorge or eat crap.

Anyway, can you guys comment on our current exercise/diet regime, what rate we need to increase by, whether we'll achieve our aims and anything else?

If it's an incentive, I'll ask if she's game to post pics of her progress. Or me...

...any help appreciated
Pete

EDIT: i figured if the above isn't enough to get her weight starting to drop, at least it would maybe encourage a bit more fitness/muscle strengthening, so if her ability to increase exercise happened, she could work up to a level of sustained weight loss...

AZK
03-18-2007, 08:39 PM
diet, go on zone

J.Brown
03-19-2007, 11:44 AM
3 months to look better and feel better, plus you will be busy........hmmmm........try

body for life.

seriously, not that difficult to do or follow and i guarantee you will see amazing results if you stick to it.

works equally well for males and females and is would be fun to do with a motivated partner. it involves a diet plan (fairly simple and allows a "free day" once a week), lifting 3 days a week, and 3 short but intense cardio sessions a week.

i did it about 7 or so years ago and actually lost too much weight if you can believe that.

gl and if you have any questions pm me.

cheers. J.