PDA

View Full Version : Official Miami32 Gym thread

miami32
03-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Backround story:

I'm 27 and fat. My friends tell me I'm thin but in my head I'm not. My whole life I've been a very skinny kid. When I was 16 I weighed 120. I could eat whatever I wanted and I never gained weight. Going into my senior year in HS I wanted to make a serious impact in football. I had aspirations of playing College ball. To do this I needed to get my then weight of 150 up to at least 180-200lbs. I went to work. By the start of my Senior year I weighed 190lbs. I did this all naturally with a strong diet of like 3k calories a day and EAS supplements. I'm a big fan of EAS or I used to be at least until Bill Phillips sold the company. Moving on. After hs, I didn't go to college for 2 years and all that hard work went down the drain when I basiclly stopped working out. All my muscle turned to fat and now I was no longer a skinny kid, but a fat 190lb 5'10 kid. Lame. Over the next two years I did nothing about it. By the age of 20 though I decided to go back to school and I entered CC and planned onto enroll @ UMD in the upcoming spring semester. Enter my football dream again. I had a new goal. Over the next 7 months I got myself into the best shape in my life. I thought I had a legitamate shot at walking on. I weighed 180 lbs of pure muscle. I had a body fat of 8%. I was sick. I was doing plyometrics and all sorts of things. Sadly, when I got to UMD things didn't work out. My mom lost her job and I didn't have time to try and walk on anymore. I had to help my family, which is noble anyways. Because of that I soon became depressed and started drinking. I got fat again. From that point on I made numerous challenges to myself and never come through. I've been on a steady diet of chipotle, pepsi, and corona ever since. At this point I'd have to guess my body fat is 27% or so.

Moving onto today:

Last Wed. I met a girl who happened to be way out of my league. We ended up hooking up(Seee OOT) thread. It's funny, she obv didn't think I was out of her league but when I see myself I still feel gross. Whatever, it's amazing what motivates me and this did. Since Friday I have eliminated all bad things from my diet. No more chipotle, no more pepsi(which is huge, anyone who knows me knows I guzzle soda like no tomorrow), no more redbull. For the past 2 days I've had a perfect diet of 6 meals a day cutting carbs post 6:30. I got a fat burner called Lean system 7 which is pretty solid. It's the best thing on the market since the post Ephedra ban IMO. I like it alot. I started taking a daily vitamen as well with an immune booster. Anyone who works out seriously should always include that in their diet. I also use Myoplex supplements to add perfect meals to my day. Other things I eat through out the day are what I call tuna tacos. Albacore tuna, lite cheese, and salsa mixed in with a standard taco shell. It's a perfect balenced meal of carbs, protien, and about 250 calories. Chilled shrimp. Chicken, which mucho hotsauce.

My WO routine is pretty simple. In fact you kind the gist of it at Bodyforlife.com.

The past 3 days I've been running and then I'm starting my actual work out routine again on Monday.

I'm going to post here daily with my diet/gym and weight updates. Please feel free to ask any questions about working out, I feel pretty knowledgable about it. Or feel free to encourage or bash.

I also would like to state that my overall health and focus took leaps and bounds since Friday. I play much better poker while working out. I also feel like a new person and this is even after two days.

Miami32

1C5
03-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Good for you.
Years ago when I was getting started into working out I used to Use EAS and Body for Life. It is really the 1st real workout program I have ever done so it will always be remembered. However, since then I no longer use EAS as I have found other supplements I like more and no longer use the Body for Life workout program.

Good luck!!

Post a typical workout, it has been so long that I forget when they even look like.

Murmur1
03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
27% isnt too bad, just slightly above average for males. You probably already know this and its no big secret: consistency is the key.

miami32
03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
First off, even though I know 27% is a little abover average, to me that's like a sign that says congratulations your not obese but if you keep working you might just get there!

So today was my first gym day. I did 4 exercises..

Bench
Shoulder press
Trip ext
Incline

I do 5 sets-12,10,8,6 steadily increasing the weight and then a drop set of a lower wieght to 12 for a burn out.

For my first meal which is always 45 minutes after hitting the gym to burn the most far-a myoplex lite shake. After that it will be tuna tacos and chicken!

Woot, 3 days of perfect eating and gym going. Can I make it 4?

Assani Fisher
05-27-2007, 03:48 AM
update?