PDA

View Full Version : Diet + Workout plan (advice needed)

delta k
03-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Hey guys, it seems like this is just what the gym is for so I'll give it a shot. I get to the gym 3 times a week (M,Tt,Sat) and alternate between these 2 workouts and play basketball in a league on Wednesday.

-------
Gym
A
Squats 10/10/8/6/6
Lat Pulldown 10/10/8/6/6
Military Press 10/10/8/6/6
Bicep curls 10/10/8/6
Incline Bicep curls 10/10/8/6
Ab work

B
Deadlift 8/8/8/6/6
Row 10/10/8/6/6
Dumbbell bench 8/8/6/6
Incline bench 8/8/6/6
Triceps extensions 10/10/10/10
Triceps pulldowns 10/10/8/8
Ab work

Ok...so what's wrong with those? What would be a good 3day split?
-------
Diet
AM: smoothis: 2 ice cubes, little bit of fresh squeezed OJ, little bit of strawberry/banana puree and 2 scoops of strawberry protein powder
11am: Protein bar
1pm: Generally a chicken sandwhich and protein drink or a salad, yogurt and a protein drink
4pm: Smoothie: 2 ice cubes, skim milk, skim chocolate milk, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
Dinner: Generally either meat (chicken/steak) plus a salad or canned soup/chili + salad or yogurt or cottage cheese.

Also eat eggs from time to time, and the occasional pbj sandwich. also take a multi-vitamin in the am
------
I am 23, 6 feet, and weigh 185-190. I cannot seem to get over the 190 hump, nor do I seem to get stronger/in better shape anymore. Have I stalled because I don't eat enough, don't eat the right things, because I'm lazy and need to go to the gym more/do more, or because my workout is wiggity-wack. For what it's worth I feel like I've been stuck in this struggle for a while where I can't get bigger (more muscle) or smaller (less fat). Essentally NOTHING happens anymore. At this point I'd take one or the other (preference to growing) I just want to see something happen again!

Gracias,
Kyle

theblackkeys
03-16-2007, 04:41 AM
How long have you been doing this workout, how long have you been stagnant? Do you keep a log?

I've heard the number of reps you do has a big effect. (affect?)

delta k
03-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Blackkeyss,

About 3 months I've been doing the same thing. Stagnant for the last month or so. By log do you mean reps/weight each day? No, I do not, I just go by feel- mistake?

Thanks

Thremp
03-16-2007, 06:03 PM
delta,

I think at most you should use a workout ~8 times before it needs to be changed. You don't even need very significant changes. I keep rotation the same upper body movements, but the little bit of change I introduce keeps it fresh.

thirddan
03-16-2007, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blackkeyss,

About 3 months I've been doing the same thing. Stagnant for the last month or so. By log do you mean reps/weight each day? No, I do not, I just go by feel- mistake?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

if you keep a log you will make sure that you are always progressing...try to increase the weights you lift and you will get stronger, keeping a record of what you previously lifted will let you do that...

delta k
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Thremp,

When you say change a workout every 8 times, do you mean rotate a few lifts in or out or do you mean change the split/number of days completely?

Thirddan,

Log will be started for my next trip to the gym. Started a fitday log today, too, and think I might be eating very few calories compared to what i thought I was taking in.

delta k
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
ship to first page for help pls

1C5
03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
OK, I will try to help.

You say you want either to lose weight or gain weight. Well, that won't work, just choose one. Do you want to bulk or cut? Of course nothing is happening as you have no goal or plan.

Tell me, do you want to bulk or cut and then base your workouts and calories based on that.

Currently I am in a bulking phase. I have gone from 175 lbs to ~195 lbs in a couple months so it is going well. My daily calories are around 4000 a day. I am 6'2" just to give an idea of what kind of calories you may be needing.

delta k
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
1CS,

Bulking would be preferred. I want to get strong like bull.

1C5
03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Ok, next step is to simply make your fitday journal public and post a link and then we can take a look at it and see if you are eating enough and are eating the right mix of carbs/fat protein.