PDA

View Full Version : KK vs. 4 flush on board

robby.hart
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Please review and comment on this hand. I have not concluded what the correct play would have been and I'm interested in the 2+2 consensus.
A couple of weeks ago I'm playing 3/6 at a passive table with mostly check/folders and a couple of donaters.
I'm dealt black KK CO.
Callers to MP3 who raises, two callers to me, I 3 bet. BB and MP3 call. BB is weak-passive and is probably guarding his blind. MP3 is drunk and LAG. Flop is:
2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Check to me, I bet, BB and MP3 call. Turn is:
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checks to me, I check. River is:
10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB check, MP3 bets, I raise. BB folds, MP3 thinks for a moment and makes a crying call. I show my set of K and MP3 shows 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
/images/graemlins/confused.gif
How do you play it?
Any other comments?

Point Blank
02-21-2007, 09:15 PM
why are you raising the river?

shane88888
02-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Bet the turn.

You sooooo have to bet the turn.

Though your river raise was a cute little play, but it's tough to get a drunk opponent to fold on the river for one big bet. You probably had a much better chance of getting rid of him on the turn.

Point Blank
02-21-2007, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

You sooooo have to bet the turn.

Though your river raise was a cute little play, but it's tough to get a drunk opponent to fold on the river for one big bet. You probably had a much better chance of getting rid of him on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's unlikely you'll fold any flush ... especially against a 'passive' opponent (who tends to call with crap)

mntndrew
02-21-2007, 09:43 PM
If BB has a weak flush and you think MP3 might come in for a river bet without one -- which, considering his play in this hand, seems quite possible -- then the river raise could work very nicely. I much prefer a turn bet though.

shane88888
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I can't make any sense of the preflop action, but the pot seems very large to me - certainly large enough to take a stab at it on the turn.

OP - Exactly how big was the pot?

robby.hart
02-22-2007, 01:22 AM
I recall that the pot was 8.5 BB when I raised on the river. I estimate +/- 0.5 BB or so due to poor memory /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

crunchh
02-22-2007, 11:45 AM
bet turn for Boat value and folding aquity you had the odds

James.
02-22-2007, 12:52 PM
bet the turn.

robby.hart
02-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the comments.
Here are my thoughts:
Neither opponent bets the turn, so probably I have the best hand right now. If I bet here, I indicate the flush and my opponents fold. If I check behind, perhaps they will call the river bet I plan to make. Additionly, if I bet the turn, no flush will fold, i.e. I hate a call, but with trip kings, can I fold myself? I think not. Perhaps I am a fish.
Regardless, a bet on the turn here committs me to two bets if not three. Here I got out for one.

Yoshi63
02-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Who's check-raising with a crap diamond on a 4-diamond board? I agree that you should've bet-called the turn, hopig to boat up.

taentoy
02-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Let's do some roleplay. If you were the BB, would you call a turn bet from CO with a 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif? You are OOP, there are two opponents behind you and one of them is betting. The immediate pot odds for calling are 8-1 and 9-2 if you need to call a river bet as well. Headsup i might call down, but versus 2 opponents I would fold. It is just too likely I am dominated by a higher /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Maybee I am too weak/tight here?

So back in the seat as CO, my conlcusion is to bet the turn. You might actually get a low /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to fold and you also got 10 outs versus a flush. If raised you have to call given the pot odds and your 10 outs.

I would check behind on the river UI. I also think I would fold UI if bet into (after I have bet the turn).

Note that I am newbie poster to these forums so please take my advice with a pinch of salt!

UtzChips
02-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Since MP3 was a "drunk-LAG" I doubt that there was any chance he was folding his Flush on the River.

Don't ever check that Turn again, ok?