PDA

View Full Version : KQs NL50 6max vs shortround

munkey
09-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Reads: no reads 12 hands with villan, but he is a shortie.

How do I play this better , I think I played it pretty bad?
If I check the turn he can bluff the flush.
If I bet the turn then I'm prety much commited if he calls.

Thoughts plz as I'm lost.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $74.95
CO: $66.35
Button: $13.90
SB: $49.50
Hero: $90.70

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($13.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $7.65</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $29.05

Colonel Kataffy
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Some times I raise preflop if i think i can win with bet on the flop.

here, he's got 13 bucks, you've got top pair good kicker. I say get all in.

Shaddux
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I probably just lead turn and river.

Does anyone think he pays off a crAI on turn with weaker kings or flush draws? If so, then with his stack, this might be a good play. I'm not sure about this though--I'm never sure about check raises.

limit refugee
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I bet the Turn, no reason to think he will bet it for you, and there are enough cards that i don't want him to see for free...if he raises all in, it's a no sweat call with his stack.

delta k
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
ya bet/call turn i dont want to give a diamond a free card since i'm calling the river. and i want his whole stack and if turn gets checked through that's a bit of an overbet on the river.

Vincent
09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think he pays off a crAI on turn with weaker kings or flush draws? If so, then with his stack, this might be a good play. I'm not sure about this though--I'm never sure about check raises.

[/ QUOTE ] I like this play. It gives us an opportunity to get value from his worse Kings or even worse.

BukNaked36
09-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Raise preflop.
Bet the turn.

This is the real problem -

"Reads: no reads 12 hands with villan, but he is a shortie."

What normal hands are you beating - KT &amp; K9 is about it, plus this is an unraised pot, so you'll run into 2 random diamonds a lot.

Getting away from this hand on the river is about your only real hope. It's always OK to fold if you know you're beat.

If you didn't get that vibe, then losing 30 BB with TP2K against a shorty isn't horrible.

Happy Time Harry
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Preflop I'd probably use my image to decide whether I'm raising.

Pot-sized bet on the flop looks good.

Personally, I'd bet the turn, but if I check I'd probably be check-raising AI.

munkey
09-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Tks, for the replies.

3 limpers - I decided to just check - didn't want to raise OOP potentially 4-way.

I chose to check the turn to see from his bet if he would 'tell' me he had a flush, intending to c/r AI or fold but didn't really feel any more info so called.

Buknaked,
I see your point about his hand range - I mainly considered Kx in his range, - you mention 2 random diamonds are quite a large part of his range since this is an unraised pot - I should have considerd this.

Now I think bet the turn is best, for the reasons given by you all above.

tks all for the replies, hope this hand wasn't too trivial (I need to rebuild my confidence at the mo and this situation pops up quite often at FT)- I just wanted to check how to handle a scare card vs unknown short - I think I tend to give them either too much or too little credit.