PDA

View Full Version : How badly did i play this hand?

AvoidReality
09-23-2006, 01:14 PM
How much did i do wrong here? On the flop i have a great draw plus possible overcards outs, i figured against his range i was a fav so i potted it showing i was commited to the hand, when he just called i had some choices on the turn, i didnt like checking as it opened me up to a push i couldnt call, if i fired a 3/4 pot bet im commited to any reraise so i figured i may as well push as i may have some fold equity at this level.

Should i have just called and kept the pot small? If i raised smaller and got called how do i play the turn?

Thanks for any advice

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.125/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.45
CO: $53.45
Button: $53.25
SB: $24.65
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.38, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($20.38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $15.25</font>, CO calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($50.875, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.875)

Results:
Final pot: $50.875

Dunkman
09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't mind it at all. If CO is a station, and will pay you off when you hit, I don't think this is the most profitable way to play a draw (just call, wait for it to hit, then get the $ in.) However, if you don't have that specific read, this is good.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I would fold preflop. Playing speculative hands OOP just isn't very profitable.

On the flop I'd lead out and look to b3b allin. I really don't like check/raising in situations like this because it sucks when they just call and leaves us in no mans land. Make them take the last guess by pushing allin rather than having to take it yourself OOP on the turn.

Godfather80
09-23-2006, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much did i do wrong here? On the flop i have a great draw plus possible overcards outs, i figured against his range i was a fav so i potted it showing i was commited to the hand, when he just called i had some choices on the turn, i didnt like checking as it opened me up to a push i couldnt call, if i fired a 3/4 pot bet im commited to any reraise so i figured i may as well push as i may have some fold equity at this level.

Should i have just called and kept the pot small? If i raised smaller and got called how do i play the turn?

Thanks for any advice

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.125/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.45
CO: $53.45
Button: $53.25
SB: $24.65
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.38, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($20.38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $15.25</font>, CO calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($50.875, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.875)

Results:
Final pot: $50.875

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't want to keep the pot small. You have a possible 21 outs when that flop comes. Your only goal is to get as much of your money in the pot as possible on that flop. I think the best line here is bet/three-bet. So, I lead for a near PSB and hope to get raised.

If you don't get raised, you can lead again on the turn and re-evaluate. If you do get raised, you can push with excellent pot equity even against sets.

Acein8ter
09-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I think your re-raise off the flop was too much. CO obviously like his hand and to call your re-raise, I would put him on a set. If so, you need to hit your flush or your str8 to win. 12 outs or around 25%. I'd call the flop bet instead of re-raising unless your going for a Semi-bluff.

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
I'd raise to 8ish here but no biggie. Nh sir.

testaaja
09-23-2006, 02:16 PM
If you want to raise this flop raise all in, otherwise just call it. (okay bet/3bet is cool).
Edit: fold pf

Shaddux
09-23-2006, 02:24 PM
He has more than 12 outs.

Shaddux
09-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't like a c/r on the flop. If I c/r here, its all in. And I don't think that CRAI is nearly as good as b/3b AI. If you lead and he doesn't raise, I lead turn and reevaluate.

Brent.
09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
This may be something I need to do more, but I don't defend my blinds with a call all too often (though I sometimes 3bet vs late position PFRs)...so for me this would be a pretty standard fold PF.

On the flop I prefer a B3B (or even just a C/C), but then again I rarely find spots where I really like a C/R all that much.

Freelancer
09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm also for a b/3b AI. A check/raise just gets you in all kind of awkward spots.

Acein8ter
09-23-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has more than 12 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say he has 18 outs IF the villian has a set, in which he will need to hit his flush or str8. I added another 6 for the runner/runner Q or T (Very unlikely) He's drawing dead to quad 6's and has NO outs.

Brent.
09-23-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say he has 18 outs IF the villian has a set, in which he will need to hit his flush or str8. I added another 6 for the runner/runner Q or T (Very unlikely) He's drawing dead to quad 6's and has NO outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do not have 18 outs vs a set here...we have 8 flush outs (discounting the 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) and 6 more straight outs for a total of 14 outs (vs set). Perhaps I misunderstood you, but running Q's or T's are no help to us if we are facing a set.

Also, against quad 6s we still have the J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the straight flush...so ya know, one out.

kokiri
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
B-3B is standard, but here C/R works quite nicely because it gives you a nicely sized push on the turn.

Fold PF though.

EMc
09-23-2006, 04:33 PM
kok,

A b/3b here is usually my standard as well, but I dont think its good here because it really cant be all in, given the likely hood our villain min raises. THe only thing that redeems the b/3b here is that there are times when he well flat call and go on to the turn.