PDA

View Full Version : Defending BB two hands

spigge
01-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Hand 1;

no reads of either opponent
didn't like to fold pre-flop becouse SB has called and just one sb to call.
what troubles me was it ok to resort to call down mode or should I have folded becouse there was flush and straight possibility and he might be stealing with AJ AT JT ?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
5 folds, <font color="#cc3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif (5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

hand 2;

opponent was tight aggressive over about 20-30 hands
fold to his 3-bet?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

3 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (1.5SB, 6 players)

Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2.75BB, 2 players)

Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif (5.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.25BB

goofyballer
01-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Hand 1, I call down because I'm a fish.

Hand 2, I think you can assume you're beat after the 3-bet. Against a TAG opponent, his range after that point has you smoked. You can peel off a turn getting 9:1 (even that's close) since your only huge fear is AQ, but I fold the turn UI.

Bubbles
01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Hand 1: Perfect. Don't fold top pair here.

Hand 2: I agree with goofyballer. Peel one and fold the turn UI.

Webster
01-23-2006, 08:11 AM
If you are going to "defend the blind" defend it and don't call in to his raise - reraise. send a message, shoot one across his bow!

Hand 1 - reraise pre flop - then do what you did.

Hand 2 - reraose pre flop

If nothing else and you don't hit or come close to hitting at least he might think twice next time.

And remember - 90% of the time the are not stealing but raising with good cards.

Nick Royale
01-23-2006, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to "defend the blind" defend it and don't call in to his raise - reraise. send a message, shoot one across his bow!

Hand 2 - reraose pre flop

If nothing else and you don't hit or come close to hitting at least he might think twice next time.

And remember - 90% of the time the are not stealing but raising with good cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero played these hands well preflop. 3-betting A2s oop 3-ways isn't good. And 3-betting Q9s isn't good either.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an argument for calling.

Bubbles
01-23-2006, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know... With SB still in there, what do you do with your weak hand if it misses? Say a flop like Q-9-6 rainbow. You can't bully two players OOP with an overcard. I definitely favor a call here.