PDA

View Full Version : Big River Bluff (160bbs)

Fly
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
PartyPoker 100NL Full Ring

Background: Hero has been playing his standard TAG game and has not gotten out of line at all. I have played only one hand of note which was the following (different villain). (stacks = 120bb). CO opens for 4, Hero makes it 14 from the BB. Hero leads for 25 on a flop of QTxcc. Turn is an offsuit J, check check. River is a 9, check, check. CO shows KK and hero takes it down.

The villain for the hand in question has been sitting on a big stack since I arrived at the table. He has not done anything special and has not gotten out of line. I don't think he's played many pots.

Hand: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Stacks: 160bbs

Pre-flop:
Villain (UTG) bets 4, Hero (MP2) calls.

Flop:7/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Pot(9)
Villain checks, Hero bets 7, Villain raises to 16, Hero calls.

Turn:8/images/graemlins/club.gif Pot(!40)
Villain bets 20, Hero raises to 40, Villain thinks for ~10 seconds and calls.

River:2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot(~120)
Villain checks, Hero bets 100 (all-in)

Comments on all streets are welcome.

jdefoe
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Fold Preflop, Call flop raise, Call Turn, Call river, from what you've told me, it seems this guy is bluffing on a busted flush draw.

Fly
06-02-2006, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold Preflop, Call flop raise, Call Turn, Call river, from what you've told me, it seems this guy is bluffing on a busted flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't bet the river, you might want to reread the hand.

z28dreams
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Preflop: fine, esp since you want to get mixed up w/ this guy

Flop: looks fine

Turn: Just call here. You've got a lot to draw to, and you really don't want to be put all-in here yet. Villain has shown plenty of strength.

River: As played, I'm totally lost here. If you had just called the turn, the pot would be only $80 instead of $120.

If you really think he just missed his draw, why not check behind and take it down with your top pair? Are you putting him on an overpair?

Fly
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM
What makes you think he's drawing? I put him dead on an overp air.

z28dreams
06-02-2006, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, which is why I don't hate his river bet here given his reads.

bent96
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played 100 NL but do you think he calls this river w/ an overpair? Especially after our turn minraise? I like the river bet as well.

Fly
06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played 100 NL but do you really think he calls this river w/ an overpair? Especially after our turn minraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst, we want villain to fold, hero only has a pair of eights.

Check_The_Nuts
06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
I'd like it more if the 2 didn't pair....top 2 pair just got counterfeited....

EDIT: Ya, jerk /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

thejerkface
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
The board pairing 2's makes it more likely for villain to call with an overpair.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the above post.

Fly
06-02-2006, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like it more if the 2 didn't pair....top 2 pair just got counterfeited....

[/ QUOTE ]

That is sick, I didn't even [censored] notice that. My plan was to minraise the turn and push any river...anyway I would have probably pushed anyway.

Edit - Nevermind, pushing is bad w/ that board pair, [censored], I gotta start paying attention.

Check_The_Nuts
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
6 or heart would be good bluff cards. Also an ace and possibly a king. IMO nothing else would add up. Your min-reraise makes you look drawy or somethin, no idea why you'd want to see a river card if u had a set/two pair on that board on the turn...