Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 AM

Default My game is SO bad right now.

After working my way back down to the low 80's over the last week or two, en route to single digit handicap wondefulness, I took a big step backward with a 50-43=93 at a course I worked at and know well (even though we played in the rain - no excuse.)

My swing has gone from feeling like an unfolding lawnchair to a collapsing chaise, and I am just hoping I run across the Mexican Mac O'Grady to get me to put my change in one pocket, a tee in the other, and get me just playing golf again.

I would like to ask a couple things - what kind of drills do you guys to do get your swing back on plane/find the slot on the way down. I've had some swing quirks that I used to ignore as a younger player, but now I can't get mechanics out of my head on the course, and if I'm spraying it I have trouble pitching/chipping/putting effectively because I feel an awkward intensity to score.

I could write a chapter on my last couple of years, which have seen my game deteriorate faster than Duval, Finch, or Beck, but I really feel my talent still is there and I should be shooting some low scores soon.

Help!

- Jay