Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 AM

Default O8 Forum suggestions

I'm thinking that we should have a "Well" series like the other forums.. basicaly freeform Q&A's featuring selected established O8 players. Also, a "monthly low-content" thread just to dump stupid hands and whatever in would be cool too... PLO does this.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: O8 Forum suggestions

we shud 1/2 for actual hands, and 1/2 for the theoretical, books, blah blah blah
Old 01-17-2007, 01:42 AM

I think both would be great. Although we do already have a low content thread, and I think it's cool that the thread continues to build up over time.

But I really like the Q&A forum idea, because it's not really low content, but doesn't really fall under hand postings either. I think it would be helpful for those of us who are moving up in stakes to be able to ask you guys questions and start discussions about general/hypothetical situations. I've noticed we've had a lot of questions lately about tournament play, and I think this is one subject that fits in perfectly.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think both would be great. Although we do already have a low content thread, and I think it's cool that the thread continues to build up over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately without a stickie, this thread gets buried... plus some browsers might prefer not to view so many pages of old entries.. i dunno

[ QUOTE ]

But I really like the Q&A forum idea, because it's not really low content, but doesn't really fall under hand postings either. I think it would be helpful for those of us who are moving up in stakes to be able to ask you guys questions and start discussions about general/hypothetical situations. I've noticed we've had a lot of questions lately about tournament play, and I think this is one subject that fits in perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is an example of format/content for "the well" link

just a way to have fun and interview the more experienced people. obvious candidates would include: Buzz, Felicia, Gergery, Tx, Niss, myself, Mendacious, Tuco, etc.

WM started his own Q&A thread way back... too bad he's exiled now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 AM

I really like the well idea. Thanks for posting the example.

The low content thread. I've seen it before, but I've never understood it's purpose. Seems like a good place to ask.

My dare to dream, someday the group wants me in the well. LOL. Right now I'm almost waiting for them to ban me from posting.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 AM

I like the well idea. I also think people should post more interesting hands. I will start doing this. If people follow everything will be dandy.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Any interest in a regularly scheduled 2+2 donkament (err, tournament)? This might provide decent fodder for hand discussions too.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:09 AM

You should do a "Well". Your live journal is very entertaining and it would be fun to be able to pepper you with questions.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any interest in a regularly scheduled 2+2 donkament (err, tournament)? This might provide decent fodder for hand discussions too.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we could get enough interest, i'd play. Stars obviously.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should do a "Well". Your live journal is very entertaining and it would be fun to be able to pepper you with questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ok with doing one eventually. My intentions aren't totally self-glorification though... our forum is really boring here though which we should work on.

Beset? Felicia? What do you think?