Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Folding TPTK-

These two hands happened at the start of my session, on different tables in the first couple of hands, so no reads or stats.

PokerRoom 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Folding TPTK-

i think the first hand is a somewhat tough fold if you have no stats on the player.

i think the second hand is pretty bad. no draws hit. you are now beating A4 and A7. you have to call this.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 PM

Button called two cold on the flop, i think he has the flush here alot or at least AT,

Hand two, i cant really define my hand as i at least have AK, i have raised every street so far, what do you think the river donk means?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM

Hand #1 is tough. I'd raise PF and continue betting and if the same thing occured read dependant I probably would fold.

Hand #2 make me want to gag. Do not fold here.... Ever. Getting 15 to 1 it is an easy call.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:48 PM

The first hand is fine on the turn. Without any reads, it's probably better to show it down. But it's not a big deal either way. Not raising preflop is bad. Real bad.

With the second hand, wow. I cant imagine you being a winning player if you make folds like that routinely. It's beyond horrible. And if it's at all indicative of what you do in other situations, you're best off moving down in stakes and relearning how to play.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand two, i cant really define my hand as i at least have AK, i have raised every street so far, what do you think the river donk means?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, you don't know... no one does. Which is exactly what you have to call here. To make this fold, you not only need to be able to put this guy on a hand that beats you, but you have to be more than 94% sure that you are right.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:03 PM

Hand 1: Raise Pre-flop. Not bad after that. Tough fold but calling two on the flop then raising the turn seems like a flush, 2 pair, or a set. I can't see him playing like that with AQ or AJ.

Hand 2: As everyone else said, bad. Who cares what the donk means, actually it's a stop and go I believe, but whatever it is call him. He may have AQ and think that the J counterfeited your 2 pair. The J also may have counterfeited his 2 pair. He may have Ax and just not want you to check behind on the river. He may be bluffing hoping you would do exactly what you did, it's a bad bluff as it usually won't work but people do it. He could have a big hand and not want you to check behind. Big pot, plenty of chances that you are ahead, call.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Hand one fold on the turn is fine. Flush or AT a lot here. And raise preflop.

Hand 2 I probably wouldn't raise the turn and you should call that river. It likely that you're beat, but you're getting 15:1 here.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:29 PM

I raised the turn in hand 2 to sort of protect against UTG+1 and for a free showdown, i thought this was a good spot for it?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 PM

first hand yes

2nd hand nonoenoeneononwowenownonevveerevernoenoneonever... etf ar u tihnk notnonso......call.