Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 10:30 PM

Default capped PF, flop FH, how to get paid off

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
4 players
Converter
SB is 80/23/1.09; BB 83/9/1.38, but both over only about 50 hands, but SB obviously plays any 2 cards and has huge raising range.

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.
I often fold here, but I don't give 80/23 SB much respect, and I was tilting and chasing after the money I'd already lost.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.
I don't want to raise here and force out SB.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ...?
Is there anyone who doesn't bet here? I'm not worried about QQ or KK. I'm going to pay them off. I just want to get the most bets in.
If I bet, what is the chance both villains fold?
Is there any point waiting for river and hoping to get someone to lead into me, or hoping someone will hit a straight or flush and really pay me off?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Re: capped PF, flop FH, how to get paid off

Bet! Hopefully you'll get raised by AJ/KQ/AK. I should expect that the SB is not going to fold. You will earn the most by betting here. Otherwise you are just wasting position.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 PM

Bet and raise any chance you have. These players are awful, and will be calling 2 bets with pretty much the exact same range they will call a single bet with. If they have a straight draw or flush draw or pocket pair or AK or anything like that, they are not folding. Period. By not raising, you miss out on the opportunity to go to war with these guys, which is costing you tons.

For the love of God, BET THE TURN!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet!

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, raise the flop unless you are an uber nit and they know it.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet!

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, raise the flop unless you are an uber nit and they know it.

[/ QUOTE ]
They both have VP$IP of 80. They don't know anything.

I should have raised the flop. As it was, I bet the turn, and they both folded. I couldn't believe 2 people could cap PF and then fold for one bet on the turn by the person who CCed two bets PF. How could neither one like anything on this board? They both must have had something like TT or 99 or ATs or 9Ts or even worse.

These guys pay off every tiny pair they have. They'll call FTR bets with bottom pair, or with a gutshot that makes bottom pair on the river (SB Went to SD 57%). I thought I'd prolly get CRed and would get into a raising frenzy on the turn. I can't believe neither one paid off my turn bet. I just wanted to make sure that nobody would expect they would fold to a single turn bet.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:23 AM

Against 1 player you MIGHT try to check turn and hope to induce a bluff on the river here, especially fish like these. With 2 awful players in on the turn, just bet and hope you are called, slowplaying is just a waste of time. You also should have raised the flop, these guys will contribute money to your full house the same as your top pair.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:22 AM

these guys both had hands like 76s, so there's not much you can do except get pissed that they didnt hit a sliver of the flop. If they had, you woulda got PAID.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:42 AM

the turn is an easy bet. It's retarded to wait till the river.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:52 AM

You should have raised the flop here, they will call 2 cold 99% of the time with those stats and a big pot. As played, bet the turn, you won't get them much easier than this. There is a good possibility that board hit somebody pretty good + they are calling stations. Not betting the turn is a big mistake.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:01 AM

When the preflop play has been this crazy, I agree with others who suggest raising this flop. You should also play AA and KK this way. You did not get called on the turn - oh well, bad luck, but it is still the correct play.