Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Default 3/6 - Cap My Monster?

Villain is a 70/3/.6 over 50 hands.. Maybe I should slow down?.. I guess its equally likely for him to have an ace or five, but I was yelling at my screen saying "NO [censored] WAY THIS GUY HAS A 5"..

So, is capping both streets a spew, or is this standard considering this goof's stats..

A loose-passive open-limps UTG, Villain calls, I Raise from MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Both players + the BB Call..

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, Villain bets, I call, BB + UTG fold

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets, I raise, Villain 3bets.

Cap the turn and call a river bet? Or just say screw it and cap both streets?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 3/6 - Cap My Monster?

Against this monkey, I'd cap the turn and just call a river donk
Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 PM

call, raise/call the river is probably marginally better than capping here and raising a river bet, because an A basically never 3-bets the river if you cap and raise, but it could easily do so if you call and then raise.

i wouldnt cap both streets
Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM

He may have the last A, he could have KK and figure you are bluffing / raising with lower PP - why would he give you credit for the only cards in the deck to hit the second nuts?

There is only one card that beats you - cap the turn.

If he has a 5x you just have to hope an A on the river.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM

My guess is that an ace is slightly more likely than a 5, for a couple of reasons:

(1) I'd imagine Villain is playing all hands with aces in them, whereas there may be a few 5x hands he actually folds preflop.

(2) With a 5x hand, he'd probably be more inclined to checkraise or slowplay on the flop than with an Ax hand.

It's not going to be easy to interpret the action he gives (well, unless he starts just calling at some point), because he's not very good and also if he has an ace, he'll probably figure he's chopping at worst, and we don't know how this guy plays when he thinks he's got a chop.

Anyway, I would cap the turn. I'm not sure what I'd do on the river. Our hand is better than Villain thinks it is -- unless he's not thinking about what we have at all, in which case I guess we're probably up against quads.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 PM

Yah, I feel kinda sick thinking I spewed off as many bets as i did, but I suppose I can't be too mad at myself for being 1-outed.

[censored] i hate this game lately.