Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Eugh KTs - marginal preflop/flop

My preflop/flop calls certainly looked more appealing before I converted my hand to text format.

Let me know what you think.

UTG is 27/7/2, all my notes on him are stored inside Pacific so I can't get to them.

BB is 84/35/1.

---------------------

Pacific Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="#0000ff">Usually I'd fold KTs to a raise, but every player before me called 2 cold and I had perfect position so I decided to just call in this massive pot. When it was 2 more bets back to me I couldn't fold obviously.</font>

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12SB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="#0000ff">Even if I give myself 2 full outs for my backdoor flush draw I still don't really get the 22-1 odds to call, but for some reason I called anyway when I was playing. Can anybody find any more solid outs I have?

Also is it safe to assume that the implied odds I have from hitting my flush can cancel out with the chance that somebody will have a full house by the river?</font>

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9BB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (15BB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21BB
Old 07-15-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Eugh KTs - marginal preflop/flop

SUCKRAGETTE CITY.

Flop is close but a call seems okay. On a non-paired board I think it's quite a bit easier.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:02 AM

Actually the converter seemed to mess my hand up a bit.

At the flop the pot was 24 SB, so I did actually have odds to call for my backdoor flush.

Turn is 15 BB.

River is 21 BB.

Sorry for the mess up!
Old 07-15-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the flop the pot was 24 SB, so I did actually have odds to call for my backdoor flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not every day that you get to say that. Looks good to me nh.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 AM

Looks fine to me. You also have a backdoor straight draw and some really sketchy overcards to go with your BDFD, so I think peeling this flop is good.

Nice table selection [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2006, 01:58 PM

Preflop: Usually I Raise or Fold. Against this tight UTG HU or w/ one overcaller I would fold. Since you got two overcallers I like staying in and since UTG is so tight and your high card strength is suspect, I can see this as an OK cold calling situation. It sucks that BB 3-Bet.

Flop:/Turn Fine

River: I prefer going for overcalls to raising for two reasons.

1. You'll probably win about as much when your're ahead and maybe more. You have 3 possible overcallers and the pot is so big, most will correctly pay one more bet with any part of the board. For example, let's guess you would get 2 out of the three possible overcalls. Getting 2 callers of your raise is probably the most you can expect and that is only one more BB. You might only get UTG to call your raise. He's the only player who has shown any strength postflop.

2. There is a chance UTG or BB has QQ or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in which case your're screwed.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:23 PM

I think this is a good case of an early hand mistake (preflop) leading the way to spending a ton on a fairly marginal holding. But you got there so we can be all results-oriented and praiseworthy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]