Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 PM

Default KK worth it here? 25NL

Well the original raiser seems moderatly tight but nothing on the other two callers. I had a strong feeling that my KK was beat but with the other two cold callers along for the ride and the chances he had AK, QQ, JJ or maybe other other kings combined to made me call. Was this right?

Villain raises to 1.5 from EP, hero raises to 3 with KK, LP calls, SB calls, villain all in for 20, hero calls 8 (all in), LP and SB call all in as well.

sorry, the hand converter didnt seem to work...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: KK worth it here? 25NL

easy call
Old 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM

Raise more than to 3. Call the all in. Others might be holding QQ, possibly JJ, AK. But I guess someone had AA because you posted this.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:31 PM

Folding KK at 25NL is just stupid. Stop being results orientated
Old 05-15-2006, 03:46 PM

Don't min raise with KK please.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:54 PM

i thought I hadn't miniraised so i check the history, original raiser raised to 1, but still raising more is a good point

"Folding KK at 25NL is just stupid. Stop being results orientated"

The point about being results oriented is well taken. Its the reason I posted, I wanted to see what others thought since they weren't in the hand.

However, the first sentence is one of those things I keep seeing at 2+2 that bugs me. First off, the biggest mistake you can ever make is to underestimate your opponent. saying it is 25NL therefore the players must all suck and you should call is TERRIBLE advice. It would be fair to say that considering the limit, stack size, the callers, your hand etc, you'd be a fool to fold is fair. Not everyone playing online poker is a fish who will go all in with any hand and assuming so is not a good idea.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding KK at all is just stupid. Stop being results orientated

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't, and neither should you.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Folding KK with no read in ANY small stakes game is just stupid. I'm well aware that good people play at $25NL, we see them post here all the time. But you're standard opponent IS a fish, and I will assume this until shown otherwise.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more than to 3. Call the all in. Others might be holding QQ, possibly JJ, AK. But I guess someone had AA because you posted this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise more that 3. This is a hand I dont mind seeing a flop with. The bet IMO is fine and this is an easy call. If someone has AA's so be it, but more often than not you will be up against 1010-QQ and AK. NEVER FOLD KK AT 25NL pre-flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2006, 05:19 PM

this debate happens a lot. conditions to fold it, deepstacked, read on opponent, etc seems to be general concensus.

dazraf69, I dont mind seeing the flop with it either, but neither do many aces that raise pre flop and will can a min re-raise. An ace hits the flop often, and with the re-raise you advocate, its quite likely that ace-queen and other lower suited aces are able to limp. after the pre flop min raise you can't jusify to yourself that you're ahead often enough when an ace hits on the flop to be confident for the rest of the hand. I think it relieves an akward situation. KK is a monster pre flop hand, and you have an edge. get money in while you still have this.

I raise more to get rid of some weak aces. JJ,QQ,AK call this often enough to be profitable I think.