Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: freshman in college...pre-med advice

As an aside, I love the number of incoming freshman who say they "are pre-med." The percentage has to be astronomical in comparison to the number of people who actually graduate in the same realm.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, I love the number of incoming freshman who say they "are pre-med." The percentage has to be astronomical in comparison to the number of people who actually graduate in the same realm.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah you should see all the god damn pre-med kids at Tulane. They all go to some pre-med society meeting at the beginning of the year and get T-shirts that say "Trust Me..." on the front and "I'm a future doctor" on the back. Those [censored] things put me on tilt so bad, especially since I know 90% of them will not be.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

prop bet me?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Yea 1aguilas is gettin' it done and he's a D1 ATHLETE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE STOP HATIN HE'S GETTIN IT DONE.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 AM

aside from doing well in school and on the mcats (obv) just make sure you do other [censored] with your time. i kindve got lucky in that i really used to do nothing extracurricular aside from mild frat-related stuff but became president bc no one else wanted to, so now it looks like i do plenty of [censored] in addition to school.

the best advice in this thread is to do research internships every summer and during the school year if you can. if you get some crappy lab tech job this summer, you'll be able to get a better job next summer, and hopefully do your own research by the time youre a senior. getting a paper published is pretty huge.

also, im trying to find teachers to write recs for me and realized that ive pretty much never spoken to any professor. this is bc ive always thought only people who needed extra help/their test scores raised went but now see that im having a hard time finding anyone to write a good rec for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM

At Emory, 90% of the freshman class is pre-med.