Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 AM

Default All in decision on the bubble

$11 shorthanded multi we are on the bubble as this hand takes place. Villian is somewhat knowledgable as on the last 2 hands it has been hand for hand and he has moved in both times on short stacked opponents. A side note is that as I face this decision a player has already busted meaning that I will be making the money either way if that plays into the decision.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO (t12360)
Button (t3915)
SB (t10230)
BB (t3095)
UTG (t8065)
Hero (t7650)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t1000, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t2325) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1350</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t9005</font>,
Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: All in decision on the bubble

[ QUOTE ]
A side note is that as I face this decision a player has already busted meaning that I will be making the money either way if that plays into the decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not/or should not be a consideration. I think this is a call. If you have raised recently, c-bet, then folded to a raise, then this is a snapcall. You haven't shown any real strength and you're not quite pot-committed. From your description, villain will know this, and could be semi-bluffing a draw, or shoving a PP like 33;44;55;77 for value. u should have had a plan for what u would do (if raised) before u c-bet here. I'd be betting the same amt and calling a shove against this villain.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:13 AM

as erc said

i think you have to call this - the only hand I would be really worried about here is 99 (any gutshot straight/flush-draw has to include a 8 and that is quite unlikely as you hold two of them). i also think that you will face a flush-draw here a good ammount of time so call.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 AM

I'm calling here, you're ahead of his range which will definitely include flush draws and like erc said small pocket pairs. He could also be just making a move because it is the bubble and that flop doesn't hit that many hands
Old 11-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Ya know, you CAN raise to less than 1200 here PF, thus making the pot smaller on the flop and your decision easier.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:10 PM

I almost want to shove this hand pre in this spot... but with 19 BB that's awful so nm...

&lt;-------- DONK
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling here, you're ahead of his range which will definitely include flush draws and like erc said small pocket pairs. He could also be just making a move because it is the bubble and that flop doesn't hit that many hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You said this was a thinking player and I think what bazooka said is what most thinking players would do in villain's place.