Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not too sure. I would need to know rules, how much time Nick would have to train, surface, how many sets and how much Nick would make on the match to know if it would be worth his time to train enough to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick said he needs 6 months to train, so I proposed a match in February in Las Vegas, best 3 of 5 sets. The old guy chooses surface. I'll lay a small price for best 2 of 3 sets, you'll lay a small price to choose surface.

Haven't heard from Nick yet but I think his post earlier in the thread was serious, so he'll have money on the same side as you. He's already going to be in pretty good shape from his PA weight loss prop.

In terms of action, I probably need to book mid six figures action to put this together, and would require that both sides post bets to a trusted 3rd party. If we promote and sell tickets for this exhibition, loser gets the gate and concessions. Fair enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I don't have that kind of money to bet, I am sure Nick could raise it and you would have your match. Is the player you would choose a friend of yours or do you not have someone in mind yet?

That said, I will bet a little something on Nick for the match.

It would be fun to watch this one!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:32 AM

Dids,

Bottom line is, you've won. If you get back up to 227 or 229, just man up the day before and sweat yourself some pounds. There are a lot of places online where you can learn the basics of sweating off weight, its not that hard. Lots of sweat + very little water for 24 hours = Dids wins his bet.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen Nick play and will bet on him against any female in the world heavily and also vs anyone over 50 but not as heavily because the 50 yr old will be better than any female.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take significant action ($10k or so) against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyle,
vs the woman or the 50 yr old? or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I misread it. I would bet on Nick Rainey against Admo.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is nearly the very first enumeration problem-- using generating functions to look at 0-1 strings. A basic probability course would be fine, too. You need to know how many tosses. (and a good look at the coin)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very possible to learn how to flip a coin to make it land on one side much more often than the other.

[/ QUOTE ]ermmmm i don't know about that, but it IS very easy to learn how to feel what side of the coin is facing up, then throw it in the air and make it appear like its flipping when it actually is not.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All--

OK, OK. Walking bets that can be completed before I leave Las Vegas are boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

nate -

I could be persuaded to take you up on this. you would need to push two shopping carts, each with some weight in them - say a 50 lb bag of concrete in each. you can't attach the carts to each other. you have to supply the shopping carts. 20ish miles with a time limit. let me know if you're interested... you mentioned 1-5k right?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:32 PM

hahahaha 2 carts would be quite the feat, Could you "stack" the carts or do they have to be pushed seperately?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahahaha 2 carts would be quite the feat, Could you "stack" the carts or do they have to be pushed seperately?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I would def have to lock that part down. the idea being that you have to push/pull the carts together. hold each with one hand, or push one and then go get the other. I think no ropes allowed but I may review that.

edit: i'll be in vegas a couple of times during august so this is really possible, let's make it happen.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Also, I didn't read this entire thread but was that golf bet that erik lindgren did talked about at all?

Something like that may have potential for 2+2ers...
Old 08-07-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I didn't read this entire thread but was that golf bet that erik lindgren did talked about at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got hurt in that bet.

1C5, how much are you betting heavily on the Nick vs. 50yr. old tennis bet?

Can someone in Vegas steer Nick this way?

[ QUOTE ]
Whoops, I misread it. I would bet on Nick Rainey against Admo.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyleb: 100k? 50k?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM

I am just small stakes so I won't be able to bet any amount to even make it worth it for you but I am pretty sure that Nick will put up any amount you would want to bet because I know he is pretty confident in his tennis ability.