Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: STOP TALKING ABOUT 2P2

Who cares let them talk about 2+2, just cause you read this site doesnt suddenly make u a great poker player. Infact i would go so far as sayong 90%+ of 2+2ers suck or are not very good.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, 2p2 is like a blip in the overall poker community

[/ QUOTE ]

QFt. Jesus ... 90,000 registered members on 2p2 (including gimmick accounts, inactive accounts, wolffund's multiple accounts, and zOMGLOL at OP's multiple accounts too).

Most users ever online at once = 4,000.

Compared to Pokerstars claim of 9,000,000 members, and the millions that watch ESPN coverage over time, the % of poker players that know about 2p2 is an insignificant rounding error.

An obscure mention on an online broadcast isn't going to change that. Don't worry OP, your games won't get any tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you said what I wanted to but better.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares let them talk about 2+2, just cause you read this site doesnt suddenly make u a great poker player. Infact i would go so far as sayong 90%+ of 2+2ers suck or are not very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oki... you & I are in the 10% range right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM

What did Gordon actually say?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM

People who want to learn how to play better poker will find 2+2. Fortunately for us, the vast majority of players will never be willing to put in the effort to read either a book or a forum to improve their game.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did Gordon actually say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread maybe.

And anyone watching that broadcast has already heard of 2p2, even a lot of fish have heard of 2p2. Anyone that is good or wants to get better is likely using this site to improve, but the vast majority of people who read this forum show barely any improvement anyhow.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a study a while back that showed that about 90% of people who bought self-help books never read the book all the way through.

I would guess that the same applies to people who buy poker books and to people who join forums like this. They just don't make the effort, and they just don't get the value of the resources available here.

A tremendous amount of traffic here is in the non-strategy forums, including about 47,398 posts in the last 24 hours about how clueless Phil Gordon is about poker. Most of those posts were from people who are clueless about poker.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think 2+2 readers, a miniscule fraction of all poker players, are worse than the players listening to Phil Gordons advice on TV? That is a very bold statement
Old 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a study a while back that showed that about 90% of people who bought self-help books never read the book all the way through.

I would guess that the same applies to people who buy poker books and to people who join forums like this. They just don't make the effort, and they just don't get the value of the resources available here.

A tremendous amount of traffic here is in the non-strategy forums, including about 47,398 posts in the last 24 hours about how clueless Phil Gordon is about poker. Most of those posts were from people who are clueless about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

One time I bought a book about how to finish things, but
Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think 2+2 readers, a miniscule fraction of all poker players, are worse than the players listening to Phil Gordons advice on TV? That is a very bold statement

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he said that 90% of 2p2 posters suck or are not very good. Non 2p2 reading players are likely to be as bad or worse, although there are a few great players that never come to 2p2.

Only about 8% of players win online without rakeback/bonuses (at least a few years ago this was true wrt Stars). Probably 20% of 2p2 falls into this category if I had to make a random guess. There have always been plenty of people on this site that are breakeven players making their profits from rakeback and bonuses, I wouldn't exactly call that a "good" player.