Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Foxwoods today

Holla,

Will be hittin up 5/10 kill or 4/8 if the list is long. Will be wearing a red Calhouns T shirt and sand white khakis. Leaving monday afternoon.

PS- Adice on getting a room at the woods? Reservations told me they were booked for one of the days so I didn't bother, but they said to get the poker rate and in general I should check with the floor the day I'm there.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods today

Good luck

Other hotels/motels nearby: The Econolodge Inn & Suites in Groton on Gold Star Highway. 10-15 minute drive or cab to Foxwoods. $53.10 per night when booked on internet, $60 with tax - I don't know about Saturdays. It is clean, safe, and no frills. Note that every 4 or 5 nights stayed is a $50 credit on next stay. Poker room rate with mail discount coupon at Foxwoods is $80 pre tax and good only Mon-Thu nights.
Also I was told that Holiday Inn Express (?) has indoor pool and $80 night on weekends. This must be Groton or Mystic... You can search on internet for best room rates at kayak.com just use Groton CT as the location.

I would get there 10am weekdays or 8am Sat to avoid long waits for tables. Sundays I don't know but would assume 8am as well...

If you don't have a car the Groton airport rents cars for $15 per day!!! and ends up being far cheaper than cabs which would be $25+ to the inns I mentioned.