Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
Vizer02, it's funny you say that; my brother is a NL$100 regular on Full Tilt and he's been saying that there is a lot of 3-betting, raising and check-raising from the other regulars. Sounds like they really go at each other down there.

Again I come back to my point.....what is the point? Smart Money is making money, raylapsley is making money, I'm making money, fittsmurf ([censored]) is making money, gabygaby is making money, etc, etc, etc. There is plenty to go around such that there isn't a need to get into massive personal battles. If I start getting into regular wars with other regs whereby we are constantly probing each other for weaknesses I'll have to reduce my table number.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that people have egos, and it's stupid. FWIW, this is the reason that I keep my screen name secret...too many people want to just outplay the regs every hand, and it's dumb. Focus on the fish, and focus on money. This game has nothing to do with ego/being the best and everything to do with profit.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 AM

Agree. Smart Money hit the nail so hard and squarely on the head when he said that he's there to make money not to be the best player. I couldn't care if everyone in the world thought I was the worst poker player alive if I made legitimate money over a sample that means it isn't luck.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:08 AM

Yes, the goal is to make money. But purposely avoiding other good players is going to cut into your profits just as much as going to war with them to boost your ego.

To make the most money, you have to stay detached emotionally. That means not battling for the sake of battling, and not wussing out to decrease variance or whatever.

I'll admit I've made many mistakes on both ends of this spectrum. The question you ask yourself before every decisions should be "what is the most +EV play" not "what is the easiest play."

Until the UIGEA gets repealed, which is at least a year away, online poker will only get harder. That means more regulars, and more tough decisions that require a cold calculated decision making process.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the goal is to make money. But purposely avoiding other good players is going to cut into your profits just as much as going to war with them to boost your ego.

To make the most money, you have to stay detached emotionally. That means not battling for the sake of battling, and not wussing out to decrease variance or whatever.

I'll admit I've made many mistakes on both ends of this spectrum. The question you ask yourself before every decisions should be "what is the most +EV play" not "what is the easiest play."

Until the UIGEA gets repealed, which is at least a year away, online poker will only get harder. That means more regulars, and more tough decisions that require a cold calculated decision making process.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-22-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the goal is to make money. But purposely avoiding other good players is going to cut into your profits...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone mentioned purposely avoiding other good players. Far from it; I enjoy the challenge.

It's just that I'm not going to go out of my way looking for those fights just for the sake of it.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] NoTurns

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed, though you're only a little more than 1 buyin up over me, even after I've made at least one (probably more) terrible calls against you...so...is it just my looks why you love me so much? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I am having trouble with you indeed and I think you're one of the players to look out for at these tables.

I noticed Narena thinks i'm a muppet also, I think I know why too by the way. I find Narena to be one of the best (solid) players at these tables (obviously a very consistent winner) but I'm not really having big troubles with him to be honest. He's actually one of the players I've won the most from, besides mariojr, but maybe this is just variance. I do respect his opinion very much though and would like to hear some thoughts on what he thinks my major leaks are, this also counts for Mr_Donktastic.

To return the favor: I think Narena is too passive preflop, this is definately exploitable. It's part of his style though and he def. makes up for it postflop. Mr_donktastic is a very good sLAG imho, I really like his style, although he does get a little to reckless occasionally I think...especially w/ the preflop 3- and 4-betting (or are you just doing this vs me?)

Anyway, thought I'd join this thread because I noticed some remarks about me. Maybe we can learn from eachother and pound on those 400NL regs in a few months or so [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ltrs
Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM

I think your biggest leak is/was calling my re-re-raise turn bluff when I had f*ck all and, as a result, winning a big pot off of me earlier this morning! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: My pre-flop play. My PFR% is lower than most but, as I've mentioned before I think, I'm playing 15-16 tables at a time and so sacrifices have to be made somewhere.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Uuugh yeah, wtf were you doing there? But really, the hand before obv. did play a role in that hand.

Edit: By the way, care to share your ptbb/100 on those tables? And at what sample size?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:34 PM

I only have a minute right now, I'll prob give a better reply later...but from my history w/ you:

you call 3 bets too much oop
you call too much and stack off too ez
you seem to get tilted a bit when I pick on you

Your stats seem real solid and I assume you are a winning player but I like to sit with for these reasons. I try to find people that either don't adjust to my LAGy preflop game or try to adjust but do it wrong.

From what I've seen you fall into the latter category.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM

I think I posted this somewhere b4 but its a good example...I would never try to bluff you on this board and you don't even have a club backup in your hand.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: $193
CO: $219.50
Hero (BTN): $207
SB: $119.55
BB: $377.05
UTG: $239.40
UTG+1: $227.50
UTG+2: $196
MP1: $142.35

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
4 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $7</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP2 bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14

Turn: ($45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP2 bets $32</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $124</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $172 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $48

River: ($389) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $389 Pot ($3 Rake)
MP2 showed K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$193 NET)
Hero showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON $386 (+$193 NET)