Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus the .5/1 players are horrible, I'm going to get some more money on fulltilt and just pound on them for a couple days to regain some confidence

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't want you there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

x4

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly good news for you guys, my comp doesn't like fulltilt that much and was laggy

I was 6tabling earlier which was fine, jumped to 10 and it didn't like that at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM

eight is about the max for me tbh, although it got Much better with the latest software update
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 AM

Not going to lie, Dobie is pretty bad.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not going to lie, Dobie is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, what is the point of that post? He's not bad, he's a +3ptbb/100 winner in my database. He just plays a totally unorthodox style.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 AM

Yeah.. doobie does not fit the classic 2+2 profile but he makes money. His preflop MR only work because peep at his limit are so bad, but he has adapted a strat that works well for him, and its not ABC vanilla, so good for him.

My advice is to treat the mr as an open limp and pretend u are playing with a 50bb stack.. all good then.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Yep - exactly how I play against him.

He is fine for 100NL - his style wouldn't work higher - it is quite leaky.

100NL Full Tilt is definitely not easier than Stars at the times I play. They are pretty equivalent (I have several hundred K of both).

At 200NL I do think the Stars regulars are somewhat better, but also that there are weaker players too. Full Tilt so often is a complete table of 12-18 VPIP, 6-10PFR which is hard to extract good money from.

I also think people underestimate the different table dynamics beween the sites - it is inevitable that different regulars will change the way tables play and I think this is the case between the two sites. FWIW my stats on Stars are a good 2% higher PFR than on Tilt as I adapt to the opposition.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think people underestimate the different table dynamics beween the sites - it is inevitable that different regulars will change the way tables play

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny I was having this exact same conversation earlier with my brother about how a 'tit for tat' approach by the regulars can totally change the dynamic of a site.

I'm of the opinion that if I'm seated with solid regulars I generally look to try and play them fairly straight up and not get out of line. I must qualify that I do this because I know they are good enough to adapt to anything I do and vice versa. I could start 3-betting them light but sooner or later they will 4-bet my light or raise/check-raise a lot of 3-bet flops. I could call them in position a lot and beat them up like that but they would just start to do it back to me....and so on and so forth.

A lot of the regulars on Full Tilt are quite exploitable at the moment. I bet you I could log on now and take two buy ins off Narena in less than an hour without showing a hand down. I know I could but to do so would be utterly stupid as Narena won't just stand by and let it happen forever. If I thought a regular would then I'd of course exploit him till the cows come home. However, I know that to win those pots vs Narena I'd have to get waaaaaaaaaay out of line and I also know that he'd respond by trapping me and getting out line back. The result is that we'd keep probing at each other until eventually chips were flying around left right and center with bluffs, re-bluffs, etc. The net result is that we'd probably still break even against each other but our variance and stress would be massive.

If we were talking about high stakes then I'd agree we both have no choice but to go down that line as 'most' players are solid regulars so you need every and any edge you can get. However, I'm there to take money from the fishes and I'm quite happy to break even against the other solid winners. If they don't push me around, I'll not push them around and so on.

I think this is why a lot of the regs at FT are winning well without having hyper aggro games. All it would take would be for a few regs to start getting mega aggro and everyone else would adapt to a point where overall you have to play LAG to be a big winner. Think of it a little like crowd dynamics - just a few people can start a pretty big chant/riot.

FWIW, FittSmurf if you post here and read this you seriously need to stop dicking around with me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 AM

...oh and to sort of prove my point I'd 3-bet Narena twice within 20 minutes (with real 3-bet hands I should add) and he folded. The third time I had AA and he 4-bet me and check-folded a low flop when I flat called him. Before I even 3-bet him I KNEW he was going to take a stand and the fact he 4-bet then c/f says it all. He felt like I was taking the p*ss (I wasn't Mike) and adapted. What do you think will happen if I keep 3-betting the hell out of him??? He won't just sit there and take it, that's for sure.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 AM

Good posts.

lol- you're right about that 3rd hand. I can't remember what I had- but it wasn't much.

As you imply- even though you had premiumn hands each time, it's still important that I push back because otherwise you're going to be 3-bet stealing from me!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As you imply- even though you had premiumn hands each time, it's still important that I push back because otherwise you're going to be 3-bet stealing from me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is my whole point. Generally my premium hand 3 bet situations are interspersed enough that we don't have a problem and you generally respect my raises and vice versa. As today proves you, as a solid player, adapt very quickly when you think I'm getting out of line.

This IMHO is how the dynamic of a site can change; when solid regulars start trying to pound (unnecessarily IMHO) on other solid regulars.

If anyone doesn't believe me just go play some NL$200 6-max on FT. The 3-betting/4-betting between regulars is simply wild. I switched to FR because I simply couldn't handle the swings - give you heart failure!!!!!