Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Poker Theory: Position and Blind Defence

When I first started playing Poker, they told me: "Position is important!" and I tried to act on this advice, not because I fully understood the concept, but because they were telling me so.

After a few weeks playing (and reading) it "clicked" for the first time and I was like: "Position IS important!"

Another few weeks later it "clicked" again and I was like: "Man, position IS REALLY important.

This happened even once or twice more, I keep understanding the concept of position (and poker concepts in general) more and more.

Unfortunately this leads to me being afraid to play ANY hand but monsters from OOP, hence after almost 12K hands on my limit ($25NL) my "Folded SB/BB To Steal" is 92.86 and 84.31 respectively.

Now first of all, am I right assuming that these values are way too high, and if yes, could some of you guys try and explain to me the concept of Blind Defence and how it's done? So maybe I can act on it without fully understanding it until it "clicks" again and I'm like: "Man, Blind Defence IS important!"

Thanks in advance,

Sugar Nut