Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Which book to buy?

I've read a few books so far including Getting Started in Holdem, Small stakes holdem, Harrington on Holdem I and II, and the Little Green Book.

I play microstakes NLHE, recently moved from FR to 6max if that matters with the very rare SNG thrown into the mix for variation.

I recently came into a bit of extra cash and decided it was time I attempted to improve my game a bit.

Has anyone got any recommendations for what book(s) I should buy? I was looking into Professional No Limit Holdem, would this be a good choice?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Which book to buy?

PNL is probably your best bet(for a book),,,but i would prefer saving up and getting a cardrunners membership (since they specialize in teaching online NL 6max) ..you'll learn more about the current 6max games from CR than from PNL..
Old 11-27-2007, 06:29 PM

I was thinking about registering at CR when I was playing 25NL FR, but decided to drop down and switch to 6max instead. Would it really be worth much to get a membership at 10NL?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM

There are a ton of free low limit videos you can watch posted by 2+2ers. If you don't live in US, get 2+2 free book promo and get PNL and NLT&P. Used to be able to get ti just by signing up at Everest (no play throguh requirements)
http://www.twoplustwo.com/bonus/everest.php?UID=

2+2 videos are here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

You can get Stoxpoker membership for free through pokersource. just don't waste it on a site you want rakeback from.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM

You might check out some of the threads in the books and publications section.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about registering at CR when I was playing 25NL FR, but decided to drop down and switch to 6max instead. Would it really be worth much to get a membership at 10NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

i pretty much did the same and it worked out great 4 me , i used to a FR player b4 legislation and then started dabbling in 6max and got crushed *had no idea what i was doing ...i decided to get a cardrunners membership and it improved my game a ton ...brystmars low limit series is a pretty good blueprint to beat 10nl-100nl online 6max games by playing a solid TAG game , when i signed up there were barely any low limit videos and now there are a ton (usually of 25nl and 50nl) ....i def recommend it but i dont know how much is in your bankroll and if you could afford it,

i also recommend that b4 you buy any books , just read the microstakes strat forum its probably 10x more valuable than any book out there because none of them rly talk about aggressive 6max shorthanded games ....
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 AM

Hey guys. Thanks for the advice.

I think what I'm going to do is wait till xmas and use some money from that to sign up to card runners, and hopefully by then I should be rolled to play 25NL again so I'll transfer to Everest for the book offer and the bonuses. How hard do you think it will be to clear the bonuses at 25nl?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM

Get the Green Book ASAP, also Sklansky's Theory and Practice in NLHE.