Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: uNL 1 year report card

bump unl mods. your job must suck at times. keep it up.

that is all.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:18 AM

a. A little bit too much, but not very annoying.
b. A lot of bad advice, but there are posters that correct those. So you have to take things with a grain of salt sometimes.
c. Not too much/little moderation going on. Annoying topics get locked pretty fast.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:33 AM

What I think we need is reputation bar for strategy forums and advice (without mixing BBV and OOT in here).

This way noobs would know who is who and much easier to filter. I myself often read MSNL but am usually lost since I don't know who to listen to. From what I see there, just because someone plays MSNL it does not mean he knows how many outs a flush draw has on a flop.

If the reputation thing could also be adjusted to the reputation of the marker that be awesome - say if I get a plus from Pokey I get +20 to my rep. If I get a + from gelford I obviously get only +0.00001 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 AM

good idea corsakh
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 AM

worked for me.. gj uNL
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 AM

uNL is doing a good job. I do think posters should THINK before they post and make sure they post something usefull.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I think we need is reputation bar for strategy forums and advice (without mixing BBV and OOT in here).

This way noobs would know who is who and much easier to filter. I myself often read MSNL but am usually lost since I don't know who to listen to. From what I see there, just because someone plays MSNL it does not mean he knows how many outs a flush draw has on a flop.

If the reputation thing could also be adjusted to the reputation of the marker that be awesome - say if I get a plus from Pokey I get +20 to my rep. If I get a + from gelford I obviously get only +0.00001 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this although Im not sure how we could realistically implement it. I think a rating feedback system would cause a lot of things to happen. I think it would make people think more before they posted. And I obviously think it would help everyone have a better idea of who they should be listening to on here. Also, maybe a rating system would itself attract more of the upper eschelon SSNL and MSNL players to comment and judge.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM

I'm not sure how well a rating system would work, but I think having ssnl/msnl guys regularly posting helps alot.

I try whenever I can...but really, the amount of threads that get cycled make it a bit of a headache for me, especially since I make it a point to read all SSNL threads first as a priority.

I think there'd be alot of benefits in having a few concentrated threads...digests, threads of the week, Article of the week, wells, etc. Those things really need to be kickstarted by mods though, even if they're not the ones making the actual threads.

On the whole I think the forum is pretty solid and in alot of ways it makes me smile when I can see certain players actually start to think differently and improve.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM

If I have any suggestions, it is for the mods to explain why a thread is locked just before they lock it. uNL can be the next stopping point after the beginners forum, and telling someone why a thread gets locked helps them not repeat the same mistake.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM

Why would we wanna "install" a rating system?
I think it would be bad overall...