Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for anyone who has had a big score in a tourney.... do they always ring you afterwards? what do they ask you? how big does the score have to be? is it only the winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

i finished 2nd in a stars tournament about a year ago for 162k, noone called me to confirm anything whatsoever, the money just appeared in my account and i was able to withdraw all of it to neteller in a single transaction.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

More justification. "even tho i cheated my big win was legit so im still good"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing ZJ posted reads anything like that.
Let's not turn this into one of those threads.
Him posting in this thread is a good thing.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 AM

If these sites are going to go in and seize funds and redistribute, then they have to take a more pro-active approach to this whole thing. I am sorry but if people are going to be playing a 2600 tourney then they should be required to provide valid ID.

I think its comical that some of these multi accounters have opened several accounts and funded them all by transfer. Of course the sites never say anything unless you win because they want to make it as easy as possible to deposit. The last thing the sites want to do is inhibit new accounts and deposits, thus decreasing their business. If thats the case then they shouldn't pretend to have these rules and regulations regarding multi accounting.

It wouldn't be hard for Stars to filter monitor the Ip's, it also wouldn't be hard for them to go back and find 300+ multi accounters who played this tournament.

If stars is going to redistribute the first prize money (and I think they should). They should also go back and redistribute the rake collected from the multi accounters in this tourney. If the people who played on multi accounts aren't allowed to profit from the tourneys, stars shouldn't be allowed to profit from the multi accounters either. If they don't do this they are implicitly allowing this activity and profiting from it.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars can prove it when they check the timing on his action (check call raise fold), if he actually played 5 accounts this would be easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you this retarded?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 AM

will we ever get a Stars rep. to post here on this matter?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars can prove it when they check the timing on his action (check call raise fold), if he actually played 5 accounts this would be easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you this retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They should investigate everyone who made a FT this year's WCOOP, or, I dunno, maybe come up with a plan that checks for multiacounting in a systematic way, as opposed to whatever haphazard non-method they currently employ, because I'm pretty sure multiaccounting was still alive and well in WCOOP 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

reply #107 at time of posting.

WTF did you or anyone who played expect? you are on the [censored] internet with a $7.495,000 prize pool. Give me a [censored] break, I dont [censored] care if he/she cheated because I guarantee you they weren't the extent of it. They just happen to win. Online poker is vulnerable to cheats since it began, people will only start to notice it now that the prize pools are so ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They should investigate everyone who made a FT this year's WCOOP, or, I dunno, maybe come up with a plan that checks for multiacounting in a systematic way, as opposed to whatever haphazard non-method they currently employ, because I'm pretty sure multiaccounting was still alive and well in WCOOP 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

reply #107 at time of posting.

WTF did you or anyone who played expect? you are on the [censored] internet with a $7.495,000 prize pool. Give me a [censored] break, I dont [censored] care if he/she cheated because I guarantee you they weren't the extent of it. They just happen to win. Online poker is vulnerable to cheats since it began, people will only start to notice it now that the prize pools are so ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

we bow down to your infinite wisdom
Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 AM

This WCOOP ME has brought the drama the poker world has been lacking since Absolute's godmode super user accounts last week.

Multiaccounter wins it

3rd place was Team Pokerstars member Rousso is accused of colluding early in the tourney with boyfriend and then later have him play on her account

6th place (or whatever) is Josh Ariah who has been told not to play on Stars for suspected collusion and is close friend of Team Pokerstars and commentator Daniel Negreanu who seems to have known it was him

All we need now is evidence Ka$ino was the 3rd gunman on the grassy knol and all is complete.

I hope this doesnt get swept under the carpet like most online cheating stuff (how many knew that Grinder Mizrachi was a multiaccounter?) - stuff like this can and will be bad for online poker, but we really need a cleansing across the board.
Closed Thread