Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Am I splitting/ahead enough to call, 10/180

35 left in a 10 buy in 180 on PS

No reads on villian. I had just won a hand AI PF against a shorty with KQs.

I think the limp PF is fine, there's some action and stuff. I think the call of the raise is pretty standard too. The flop check by me is pretty standard too, just to see where I'm at, and if the last guy bets I can probably fold this Ace, he was afterall the PF raiser.

On the turn I decided to play it WA/WB, and his bet is pretty small, so whatever. AK/AA etc is unlikely because he limp/called PF. He could likely have a set here. That's what I put him on.

On the river, I'm only really losing to trips or a boat. What does this AI mean? I'm thinking he's trying to get a fish to call his boat, but I think it's still a reasonable call. Basically I'm wondering what his AI on the river is, and if this is ever a call.

His flop check, and turn small bet implies he might have gone for the C/R on the flop, and try to get some value with his set on the turn.

These are my thoughts.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO (t12625)
Button (t4010)
SB (t5268)
BB (t7455)
UTG (t15615)
Hero (t11017)
MP2 (t14437)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t400, Hero calls t400, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls t800, Hero calls t800.

Flop: (t3750) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t3750) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t2400</font>, Hero calls t2400, MP2 folds.

River: (t8550) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Villian Shoves
Final Pot: t8550
Old 01-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Am I splitting/ahead enough to call, 10/180

raise PF bet the flop, as played we don't seee river action guessinghe shoved? If, so call.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise PF bet the flop, as played we don't seee river action guessinghe shoved? If, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising ATo in that position PF, I'd rather try to play it multiway, if at all, to try to make broadway or whatever. Normally I fold it, but having a big stack is what I'm really thinking about here.

On the flop, why not check to the PF raiser? I want to know if he has AK/AQ or even AJ or whatever.

Call the river, really? Why?
Old 01-17-2007, 11:19 PM

Lol A10o is not a multiwaypot hand.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:25 PM

you call bc he knows its a spilt and hes trying to steal it. he's freerolling. there are times when i fold when i prob spit but this one is too obvious
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 AM

u like playing multiway pots (probably outta position) w/ A10o?

Don't worry about what to do on the river here, read some books or sign up w/ PXF or something.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 AM

Pf is atrocious
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u like playing multiway pots (probably outta position) w/ A10o?

Don't worry about what to do on the river here, read some books or sign up w/ PXF or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, an absolutly useless post on every level. This is a rare thing.

The PF call isn't an issue, I chose to limp b/c of the situation, just accept it as part of the problem. Normally I fold AT here because of position, but I felt like playing it as a drawing hand. Not really the question in the post.

As usual, most responses dodge the real (difficult) question at hand and focus on the easy answer(s). Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:33 AM

I'd probably database the guy but I don't think you can call here. He's got to be limping AJ-AQ UTG and then also credit you for the ability to fold an ace on a paired flush board. Without a read, I think I fold.

And I also don't like pre-flop. I know you're not interested in that but the problem with A10o as a drawing hands is that the flops that give us draws give our opponents hands they are not going to lay down. I don't think it's a big deal in this case, except that I wouldn't want to limping behind an UTG limper on whom I had no reads with this hand and these stacks. What's the best case scenario?

Edit: the online poker player spaz factor probably does this make this closer than this appears at first though. If he instapushed I'd be more inclined to call. Whatever his hand, if it's short of the nuts he has to give at least some consideration to what you might be holding and how to get value.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The PF call isn't an issue, I chose to limp b/c of the situation, just accept it as part of the problem. Normally I fold AT here because of position, but I felt like playing it as a drawing hand. Not really the question in the post.

[/ QUOTE ]PF call IS an issue, as your action there led to what happened in the rest of the hand.