Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Poker Pro tables at Mohegan Sun

[ QUOTE ]
the last time I spoke to someone at Poker Tek they told me Stud was planned, but there was no time line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the software development talk for when people have asked for a feature but no one has made plans to buy it if offered.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Trip Report: The tables are open

I was at Mohegan this weekend and got to be among the first to play on these. My reaction was mixed, here are some details:

--Rake is standard 10% up to $4 on limit tables, and $5 per 1/2 hr time charge on NL, which is disappointing.
--Took a few minutes to link players card to PokerPro acct, get a PIN, etc. before I could load $$$ onto it, relatively painless.
--There were definitely more people gawking at the tables then actually playing at them...the whole time I was there, there was one full 1/2NL table, and one 3/6 Limit (which I played) which fluctuated between 4-10 players (partly due to people doing goofy things like only loading $40 on their card). There were a lot of attentive floorpeople explaining how to sign up, helping people get used to the play, etc., and even a couple of PokerPro reps helping out.
--The software does support Omaha (no word on stud yet) and can do SnGs, there are even a few 2-seat tables for HU SnGs.
--Software is nice and fast; it is nice to get in a decent number of hands/hr playing live for a change. It's really about as fast as one-tabling online. One annoying thing in the limit software is that the "fold" button on the touch-screen is the only one that has to be double-tapped, but no one seems to get this, so you get a lot of people angrily jabbing at the button 5 seconds later thinking it didn't register.
--The software has options to turn auto-muck off/on, and when showing cards, you can show just one card if you like. There's also a "fold and show" button when facing a bet HU.
--There was definitely less talking among players than at a normal human-dealt table (possibly just due to the lack of downtime between hands). My wife, who usually feels intimidated when playing live, felt much more comfortable at an e-table.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: The tables are open

Can you ask to see a called hand?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a option where you can see a summary of the last hand on your own screen, but IIRC they just show you the hand(s) that had to show down anyway.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:04 AM

Atlast someone saying some nice things about E-tables. The main advantage (also to me the number one criteria for an enjoyable game) is the high number of hands per hour. Also theres no angling/cheating/suspicious movements on the table....just pure poker playing.
BTW I also play alot of live poker.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at Mohegan this weekend and got to be among the first to play on these. My reaction was mixed, here are some details:

--Rake is standard 10% up to $4 on limit tables, and $5 per 1/2 hr time charge on NL, which is disappointing.
--Took a few minutes to link players card to PokerPro acct, get a PIN, etc. before I could load $$$ onto it, relatively painless.
--There were definitely more people gawking at the tables then actually playing at them...the whole time I was there, there was one full 1/2NL table, and one 3/6 Limit (which I played) which fluctuated between 4-10 players (partly due to people doing goofy things like only loading $40 on their card). There were a lot of attentive floorpeople explaining how to sign up, helping people get used to the play, etc., and even a couple of PokerPro reps helping out.
--The software does support Omaha (no word on stud yet) and can do SnGs, there are even a few 2-seat tables for HU SnGs.
--Software is nice and fast; it is nice to get in a decent number of hands/hr playing live for a change. It's really about as fast as one-tabling online. One annoying thing in the limit software is that the "fold" button on the touch-screen is the only one that has to be double-tapped, but no one seems to get this, so you get a lot of people angrily jabbing at the button 5 seconds later thinking it didn't register.
--The software has options to turn auto-muck off/on, and when showing cards, you can show just one card if you like. There's also a "fold and show" button when facing a bet HU.
--There was definitely less talking among players than at a normal human-dealt table (possibly just due to the lack of downtime between hands). My wife, who usually feels intimidated when playing live, felt much more comfortable at an e-table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there Friday night as well. Played 1/2 from about 11pm till 5am when it died out.I unexpectedly enjoyed it. I posted a few details as well in a small trip report bout 5 pages down.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLOL. VNH!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Atlast someone saying some nice things about E-tables. The main advantage (also to me the number one criteria for an enjoyable game) is the high number of hands per hour. Also theres no angling/cheating/suspicious movements on the table....just pure poker playing.
BTW I also play alot of live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an angle that was run many, many times on the e-tables at HP. In NLHE you always had to confirm a bet so players would press the AI button, the "chips" would flash out in front of him, and he'd gauge the reaction of the other player. He would then usually retract the bet and check or fold. It really distracted from the game.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 AM

I have seen that...and I have tried that myself. But to me thats the same as fingering your own chips and counting out the big chips.
Atleast you cannot pick up the cards and pretend to throw them away and by judging the opponent's reaction whether to call or raise etc. Or other card handling related angles.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually sounds like a good deal for the 1/2 NL, given that hands/hr will be a lot higher than at a hand-dealt table.