Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just chiming in to say that week in and week out this thread proves to be the most entertaining one in Sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is the first thread I look for when opening the SE forum, and I'm always happy to see more posts here.

It's not the delusional fans for me. Though no ND fan, I think an important part of the appeal of college football is tradition, and so I like the historically strong teams to do well. I feel bad for ND fans, to be honest.

But I love seeing an egotistical blowhard knocked down, and Weis fits the bill.

Some of the insightful criticism (shemp, desert cat, MT2R, Tom Collins, etc.) targeted at him is spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on now, this thread is just a ND hater circle jerk and nothing else.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to need a poker analogy to understand why the unpredictable physical/emotional maturation of teenagers, injuries, and so many other things is almost entirely to blame for ND's performance this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or why they can't complete a [censored] handoff without it popping up into the air, and AF running it back for a touchdown. That is clearly Ty Willingham's fault.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost agree but for the occasional Domer dropping in with ND talking points and denial.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I'll go to the mat with those who say he's a horrible coach because of a bad season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody here has said that. OTOH, there are lots of people who say he's a horrible coach because of HORRIBLE DECISIONS he makes, or because of his TOTAL LACK OF ABILITY to develop these supposed top recruiting classes that are currently sophomores into players capable of executing the most basic football plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but "ZOMG BEST RECRUITS EVER" should be able to whip service academies, even if they're only sophmores (and besides that, Weis has THREE recruiting classes, not two).
Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shemp,

You make the standard logical fallacy of saying he has nothing to do with success and everything to do with failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

What success?

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain to me the net value of Weis over his contract so far in wins, since it seems you position that he road Ty's "team" to wins, but now that this is "his" team (LOL @ you) he is doing horribly. Or actually just think for a second about what your saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't CW's team? So you're still on the "blame ty" thing? So Ty gets the credit for the last two seasons, right?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shemp,

You make the standard logical fallacy of saying he has nothing to do with success and everything to do with failure. Your arguments are chock full of holes and you look like a fool. There is no way for a coach to be responsible for a large amount of wins. Most of the poor play is purely variance in player development. Luck causes most of the ups and downs in college and trying to explain it away is stupidity.

Can you explain to me the net value of Weis over his contract so far in wins, since it seems you position that he road Ty's "team" to wins, but now that this is "his" team (LOL @ you) he is doing horribly. Or actually just think for a second about what your saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

your mistake is that you assume that Shemp is making a point whereas he cleary isn't. He is mocking and ND and trolling comments that no one is making here, but that's not making a point.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your mistake is that you assume that Shemp is making a point whereas he cleary isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

His mistake is accusing me of taking a stance exactly opposite of the one I've taken and using that as a springboard for babble.

And I think I've made several points directly and indirectly addressing Domer denial that has occurred in this and related threads.

[ QUOTE ]
He is mocking and ND and trolling comments that no one is making here, but that's not making a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not in any way tried to disguise that I enjoy tweaking ND fan.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Shemp et al. are not knocking down strawmen. You guys play that card but then like clockwork you guys go right back to blaming Ty(or even better, now blaming the assistant coaches. Save that card for next year, stick to your guns on Ty-blaming).

Tim Tebow is a true sophomore. So is Chris Wells. Auburn is starting 3 freshmen on it's offensive line.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Judging by this and other boards, to a casual fan/critic it appears obvious that Charlie gets a free pass for the most part from ND fans. That is to say, while there are a few that have become disenchanted by his regime, the vast majority still view him as some sort of a savior. My question is why? I honestly don't understand. I believe it has something to do with his saying all the right things when he was hired and tremendous media hype, by I still can not fathom this amount of unwavering, unquestioning loyalty after this kind of performance. There should be a psychological study done on the subject. If anyone has any ideas on the reasons please let me know.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, really, I'm here for the Weis hater circle jerk. Sorry if some spooge gets on those snazzy gold helmets.