Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Lies you have told that made you feel really guilty...

Junior year in college I had a term paper due in s pol sci. class. Of course I figured I would just do it the weekend before of the due date. That thur. friends were going skiing and who was I to say no.

That Monday (due date) I went into my prof. office and with tears in my eyes I told him my grandmother died last week and was in a bad funk b/c we were so close. Instead of him casually saying just turn it in next week, he came around his desk put an arm on my shoulder, and with tears in his eyes said, "I am so sorry, I know how you feel, my wife died 3 months ago from cancer". Then he asked if I would be okay, and if I was going to lose myself in alcohol b/c of it.

When I asked him about the paper, he just told me to turn it in by the end of the semester. I never felt so badly or guilty as I did when I left his office.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Lies you have told that made you feel really guilty...

wow... is that the most guilt you've ever felt from telling a lie? you are either way more honest than me or completely full of it...
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM

huh? i can't think of one that i have to rival that right now, nor anything close. i would feel realllllly low after the lie in the OP.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM

maybe i'm just a really awful person, that is def possible
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow... is that the most guilt you've ever felt from telling a lie? you are either way more honest than me or completely full of it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, just became immune from feeling guilty when I lie.

Seriously though, its hard for me to convey the how overwhelmed my 60 yr old prof was with emotion when i told him this.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, just became immune from feeling guilty when I lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

now this i def understand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM

All the times I told my parents I was sleeping over at a friend's house, when really I was going to the poker club since I was/am a sick compulsive gambler. I felt all the more guilty because I knew they knew I was lying. The made-up conversations when I had to pretend what I'd been doing, who I'd seen, and they knew it was BS.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM

One year during college a couple of us were over at a friends house drinking before going to the bar. I went to a small town high school with said friend and his roommate. The roommate is excessively OCD and I make some kind of unfunny off-handed "he's probably gay" joke after my friend tells us some OCD stories. Somehow my joke turned into legitimate gossip and another high school friend at a different college >300 miles away asks me if I said roommate is gay. At the moment, I didn't even remember saying that, but later did remember to myself that I had made that joke. I feel pretty [censored] that a stupid joke I made snowballed into some kind of rumor and I'm sure has put a dent in my reputation with some of my friends. When I run into mutual friends of roommate and me I get a weird vibe. Not that it matters but I still feel bad about it because I'm normally a nice guy.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM

lies i've told and felt guilty about:

said that when i smashed my car into a phone pole at 3 am i was sober, when in fact i was wasted. told this to parents(whose name the car/insurance was in) and insurance company, got away with it, kept license, got new car from insurance company, etc

also lied to grandparents, said i needed book money, used it for coke (many times)

cheated on girlfriend repeatedly (she eventually found out), this i feel worst about

lied about college repeatedly, scamming to the tune of $3-5k from my parents during the time, they believed they were supporting my acadamic pursuits when in fact they were just giving me coke money

and like 50 more that i can't think of at the moment

i have been a bad person [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] changed man now tho fwiw
Old 11-14-2007, 03:39 PM

"I love you"

No, I keed.