Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

Yeah I think thats how it'll be. There will probably be an Eve and the two had a few offspring together and then both (or their kids) had offspring w/ people of different races over time to explain how people across the world have powers.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
time travel makes my head spin.

so, Adam...when was he born?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam didn't time travel. He was born 30something years before Hiro landed in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, he's been a Hero (or someone with powers), all by himself, for the last 400 years or w/e?

wouldn't there be legends of this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably just kept a low profile for 400 years. Since he can be killed (If his power=Claire's, debraining would work), it'd be bad to run around and heal all over the place.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think thats how it'll be. There will probably be an Eve and the two had a few offspring together and then both (or their kids) had offspring w/ people of different races over time to explain how people across the world have powers.

[/ QUOTE ] Good catch. Not that I think there will be one single Eve/female ancestor, but the fact that his name is Adam greatly increases the chances he is the ancestor of all the heroes.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
time travel makes my head spin.

so, Adam...when was he born?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam didn't time travel. He was born 30something years before Hiro landed in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, he's been a Hero (or someone with powers), all by himself, for the last 400 years or w/e?

wouldn't there be legends of this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably just kept a low profile for 400 years. Since he can be killed (If his power=Claire's, debraining would work), it'd be bad to run around and heal all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

He even said to Hiro something along the lines of "cut off my head and kill me". (some heavy handed foreshadowing there :-\) I know that if I were immortal but killable I would damned well keep a low profile about it!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's much more likely that he just travelled around the world for several hundred years having fun times with the ladies.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also does Peter and Nathan mum have any powers?

Peter all of a sudden got crazy flashbacks and remembered who his mom was when she was there telling him to remember. Maybe her power has something to do with that? Reverse-Haitian? That could be a pretty scary and insanely manipulative power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her power? SHe can make ppl remember stuff. I joked with my brother,

"hey man remember that time we got really wasted and woke up in a pool of puke?"
"no"
"do you remember NOW?"
"OOOOHHHH!!"
Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Really? See I think one of the more interesting storylines is Bob vs HRG...both of them definitely seem shady and seem like they could be manipulating a lot of people.

While you may personally think that HRG is the bad guy, I'm not 100% sure just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't notice anyone point this out yet, but Adam's appearance at the end means that Bob was lying to Mohindar about Claire being the only chance for a cure for the virus. He must know that Adam has regenerative powers, but didn't say anything to Mohindar about that.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really? See I think one of the more interesting storylines is Bob vs HRG...both of them definitely seem shady and seem like they could be manipulating a lot of people.

While you may personally think that HRG is the bad guy, I'm not 100% sure just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't notice anyone point this out yet, but Adam's appearance at the end means that Bob was lying to Mohindar about Claire being the only chance for a cure for the virus. He must know that Adam has regenerative powers, but didn't say anything to Mohindar about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you assume he knows what Adam's power is?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you assume he knows what Adam's power is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they were on the same super-team.

"Hey, let's team up and from the Legion of Super-Justice!"

"Okay, what's your power?"

"I'm not telling you."
Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 PM

What are the chances that Peter's memory loss comes from Nightmare Man and NOT The Haitian?

If he's a broad-spectrum telepath, he should be able to wipe memories. And then it's all a big scheme to turn Peter to his side.

"Hey, Peter! Remember me, your best friend? Oh, you lost your memory? Well, we're best friends, trust me!"

And lol at the biggest problem with this show is characters who are WAY over-powered (Hiro, Peter, Sylar) so the writers have to come up with contrivances to power them down. So what do they do? Ramp up Parkman's powers of course!