Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Bluescouse in freefall

[ QUOTE ]
What would you attribute most to having learnt more discipline Jim? Poverty? a book? a friend? philosophy? parents?

My discipline usually goes out the window when my BR dwindles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping a blog, keeping records, and using PokerTracker - all new things for me.
Fear of public ridicule.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM

I played with him in a qualfier for the Sunday Million a couple of weeks ago. He was actually pretty solid and made the last 8 out of 100 (4 paid), but I busted at that point so didn't see whether he qualified.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, it's kind of frustrating that he won't listen to ANYTHING anyone tells him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice picture but it has no relevance, DUCY?

The key difference between me and Bluescouse is that I work, he doesn't. I recognise I need to hold down a job, to have a steady income. Also, I don't play high stakes. Sometimes I'll foolishly go to $2/$4 or $3/$6, a couple of times $5/$10, and blow off some money I won earlier. But my main games are $0.50/$1 and $1/$2, and I'm a winner over the lifetime of my blog (mid-August), if not over my own lifetime. I am learning discipline, I really am!

I just re-wrote my last blog post, btw, with something about whether we should feel sympathy for heavy losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, I have nothing against you and I wish you the best of luck, would it be gambling or working as a writer.

But you must understand one thing, you keep a job to feed your basic needs and a gambling addiction. You know that if you won't work, you won't be able to play.

You have stated that you do not play high stakes, but you simply don't have the money to play high stakes. You would if you ran up big enough score, and you know it! You have already played high enough stakes to continuously bust your roll.

This picture is relevant to you, because you do not listen to anyone either. Gambling has screwed up your life so far, and once again, you know it. Yet, you still continue to dump money and (occasionally score) a win.

You might be improving in your game, ways, yet you will will go nuts, move up and bust.

I know it, you know it!

Best of luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, it's kind of frustrating that he won't listen to ANYTHING anyone tells him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice picture but it has no relevance, DUCY?

The key difference between me and Bluescouse is that I work, he doesn't. I recognise I need to hold down a job, to have a steady income. Also, I don't play high stakes. Sometimes I'll foolishly go to $2/$4 or $3/$6, a couple of times $5/$10, and blow off some money I won earlier. But my main games are $0.50/$1 and $1/$2, and I'm a winner over the lifetime of my blog (mid-August), if not over my own lifetime. I am learning discipline, I really am!

I just re-wrote my last blog post, btw, with something about whether we should feel sympathy for heavy losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, I have nothing against you and I wish you the best of luck, would it be gambling or working as a writer.

But you must understand one thing, you keep a job to feed your basic needs and a gambling addiction. You know that if you won't work, you won't be able to play.

You have stated that you do not play high stakes, but you simply don't have the money to play high stakes. You would if you ran up big enough score, and you know it! You have already played high enough stakes to continuously bust your roll.

This picture is relevant to you, because you do not listen to anyone either. Gambling has screwed up your life so far, and once again, you know it. Yet, you still continue to dump money and (occasionally score) a win.

You might be improving in your game, ways, yet you will will go nuts, move up and bust.

I know it, you know it!

Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, well put. And yes, you're right. Yes, I only work so I can keep on gambling. I have no other interests, and I spend money on nothing else. Since for the gambling addict the ultimate aim, even more than to win money, is to stay in the game, I am clearly failing at it. Take for instance Friday night/Saturday morning: £500 clears in my bank account which I aim to use to play all weekend. Instead, by 8.30am Saturday morning I have deposited all £500, withdrawn £200, and now have nothing to do all weekend, staring in frustration at the soft games that would have been there for me if only I'd had the patience to wait.

Even after all this time I'm still unable to sleep with money in my poker account. I have to withdraw it all or otherwise I won't stop playing, no matter how tired I am, no matter what I have to do the next day.

Still, I'm FAIRLY good at sticking to lowish limits, and around half the time I'm able to bank my wins.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even after all this time I'm still unable to sleep with money in my poker account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be the same, though I'd rarely be in that predicament (=:

Why don't you save up for a couple of months and go travelling or something- if you have £500 now won't be hard for you to save up 2-3k- sounds like your admin jobs pay alright? I've got as far as Australia and don't have much of an urge to gamble whilst I have other things to do and no excess cash outside of living expenses to afford to dwindlie.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:47 PM

Jim it's sad how you after all this time are still in denial.

You're a previously admitted lifetime $30k+ loser.

You're 29 years old, have no house, no car, no savings, and live with your parents.

At your current pace, you're going to die broke and alone.

But yet you try to talk like you're better than bluescouse.

[censored] please.

You'll continually play poorly and at levels as high as you can afford, and will continue to go bust, and continue to make the same stupid excuses about why it happened, fooling no one but yourself.

Luckyjimm on 2+2 = same [censored] different day. And you're not fooling anyone otherwise. Hopefully you grow up and figure it out before its too late.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim it's sad how you after all this time are still in denial.

You're a previously admitted lifetime $30k+ loser.

You're 29 years old, have no house, no car, no savings, and live with your parents.

At your current pace, you're going to die broke and alone.

But yet you try to talk like you're better than bluescouse.

[censored] please.

You'll continually play poorly and at levels as high as you can afford, and will continue to go bust, and continue to make the same stupid excuses about why it happened, fooling no one but yourself.

Luckyjimm on 2+2 = same [censored] different day. And you're not fooling anyone otherwise. Hopefully you grow up and figure it out before its too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad for your concern. Are all of your posts about me? If so, lucky you.

Don't know if it's as high as £15,000. Only if I include money I've won and then lost. Certainly not that high from my salary because I haven't earned enough. It's only the last year I've had a full-time job.

Not having a car and not having a house can be explained in one word: London. The majority of my friends, successful and non-addicted, don't have them either.

I don't play as high stakes as possible. It's not like I say okay, I have £600, let's try $10/$20. I would have done a couple years ago, but now I'm happier at lower limits. Like I say, I don't want to be up against good players.

Poker certainly distracts me from doing anything worthwhile with my life. But that's true of a lot of people.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 PM

Anyone know some of this guy's usernames on Crypto? Want to know if I've seen him play.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:43 AM

'with regards to the stake offer in the previous comments i'm going to decline as i wouldn't feel comfortable losing someone's money who i didn't know. thanks very much for the offer though.'

'10 minutes later i lost the last of my money in a £3200 pot, re-raising it in the sb with J7 and being called. the flop was 109x and i pushed for £1400 into £387, he made a good read and called with K9.'
Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 AM

Monday, 15 October 2007
Night Out..Classic..

Where to begin lol, well i know, Bluescouse was busted and spent the night in a cell which i found hilarious, yet he still fails to find the funny side...hmmm loool. Drunk and disorderly Blue failed to make it to the clubs im afraid to say, and had to pay a nice £50 fine =)

He also spent the most of today stinking of puke lol, until we made him buy some new clothes for the journey home haha. He will never here the end of this.

http://gravediggerpoker.blogspot.com/