Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Lumière Place (St. Louis) Opening 12/19/07

I talked to some people at the Taste of St. Louis working the booth for Lumiere place and they confirmed there will be a poker room with somewhere around 12 tables to begin and room to expand. Take that for whatever its worth. I live in a loft on Washington, so really lookin forward to getting a good poker room here close!

And agreed about the high limit games...I dont play em, so I dont really pay a lot of attention!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to try to be there. I'm a little worried about the quality of the dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nit!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll probably play there fairly often. Also, I am told that the guys playing the bigger games on weekends (and most of the 2/5 regulars) just cash in their chips for bigger chips when they cash out at the end of the games, then bring those chips in with them when they play. That way they dont actually have to buy chips, and thus the loss limit doesnt really apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda kills the tourist fish population. It pretty much guarantees you will be playing against regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The beauty of this, though is that quite a few of the regular 20-40 players COMPLETELY SUCK!!! seriously. I rail this game alot and this game is often better than the 3-6 games. I can only dream of the day that I have the roll for this game. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of MONSTERS who play in this game, but if you sit down for a couple of hours , you will easily recognize the two sharks and focus on the fish.

BTW, Lumiere will have a poker room and I know a couple of very good dealers from Harrah's and Ameristar who will be moving to Lumiere.