Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Pocketfives no good

Hello , My name is Yvette and I would just like to share my first 2 weeks playing online poker with you. Let me preface this by tellin you a little about me . I worked for fortune 100 company for many years. Decided I wanted a family. I have two children and that ended my corporate life, I am now a stay at home mom. My husband has been playing and losing at online poker for 4 years. So finally I said " I think I can do better" . So I watched and read every poker related thing for the last 6 months. Ok fast foward to two weeks ago. I was going to join a training site. After researching the training sites, I decided Card Runners offered what seemed to be the best deal. I wanted to play cash games and thats what they are supposed to teach. Plus my husband always won at cash games and lost it playing the silly tourneys. So I figure if I need cash game help I have him here all the time and with Cardrunner i should have a good start. So now I am ready to play and out of the blue my husband says " Wait dont sign up for anything yet" The site Pocketfives.com is offering free training If you deposit on one of there affiliate sites. So I do the Pocketfives.com offer and heres what happens.

Dear Evilleone,

Welcome to PokerStars – the world’s largest and best poker site!

As a new player at PokerStars, we know that there are a lot of things to learn and get used to, so we’ve put together this handy guide to get you started.

OK ,, so I opened a account. But first had my husband emails Pokerstars to see if we can have two accounts. They say OK so im underway.
My tournament cash... I didnt want to play but my husband says please try.....
PokerStars Tournament #63773388, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $6.00/$0.50
18 players
Total Prize Pool: $108.00
Tournament started - 2007/10/11 - 12:59:22 (ET)

Dear Evilleone,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.
A $21.60 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

These things are fun but I dont like them . Its not poker its gambling.. MY font is changed I know ,, this one looks nicer it stays....
OK so I play cash more. Now Pocketfives.com say all I have to do is earn 250 frequent player points and I get free training after opening a new player real money account... this is all done,, on my way to 250 points.
OK get 250 points go back to Pocketfives and hit the complete button and get this email

****** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL – PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ********

Thank you for signing up for p5RealPokerTraining through PocketFives.com

Unfortunately, your Evilleone account was not approved by our poker room partner Poker Stars. This can be for a number for reasons including:

- You have not made a real money deposit
- You did not enter the correct bonus code
- You did not download the software from our site
- You did not complete the playing requirements
- You already had an account at Poker Stars or had the software previously installed

If you have any questions, please feel free to make a post in our Poker Forum for assistance.

So now I am upset,,,,,,no im LIVID................... How can you deny me I have done all you asked....
OK I have to send some emails to try and solve this. This is the email
Hello , I got this email from your promo department

Unfortunately, your Evilleone account was not approved by our poker room partner Poker Stars. This can be for a number for reasons including:

- You already had an account at Poker Stars or had the software previously installed

If you have any questions, please feel free to make a post in our Poker Forum for assistance.
Here is a screen shot of my account cashier page
Email to PokerStars
Hello , My name is Yvette @#$%* , I play under he account name "Evilleone" on your gaming site. I recently opened a new account on your site because of a promotion for "Free Poker Training" offered by the website Pocketfives.com. The Pocketfives.com promotion was to make a real money deposit and earn 250 frequent player points after opening a new player real money account. All of which I did. My husband also emailed your gaming site because he has a account and wanted to know if one house hold may have two accounts played by different individuals. Your site support responded this was ok . So after all of this Pocketfives is saying for whatever reason your gaming site is denying me this promotion... I ask why ?? If it wasnt for this offer of free training giving by pocketfives I would have never opened a account to begin with. I think it is only fair that I receive the bonus offer because I have met all the requirements. Thank you Yvette ####$.
Here is a copy of what Pocketfives.com sent me.

Are you really going to do this to me ... Its not right... I followed the instuctions on your page to the "T" ... Im only doing this because of the free training. My Husband convinced me to do this and now im being proven right .... Its a waste of my time...... PLEASE CORRECT THIS PROBLEM AND MAKE ME A BELIEVER

Emailed same thing to Pokerstars..... Here is Pocketfives and Pokerstars responses

Hello Yvette,

We have received your email and I have forwarded it to the affiliates
department. One of our representatives should be in touch with you as soon
as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Brenda
PokerStars Support Team

Yvette,
Our records indicate that you have two different accounts created for our promotion; one with the user name EvilYvette and one with Evil Yvette. This is the only problem, I believe , that could possibly be between you and your free training. Evil Yvette was denied by Poker Stars for the requirements…maybe you should try logging in with EvilYvette. I have already used this name and your password and it comes up with the “Finished” button again.
This is the only thing I can come up with seeing how you truly believe you have finished all requirements.
Let me know how this works out,
Tracy
OK so maybe I made a mistake.... Its possible . So Pokerstars emails me today with this...

Hello Yvette,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we cannot link your account to PocketFives as your account is
already linked to another affiliate, and once an account is linked, it
cannot be changed.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
Amy
Affiliate Support Team.

So basically I get stiffed. I just want to say this is what I expected. MULTIACCOUNTING , SUPERUSERS AND STIFF THE HOUSEWIFE.. Thats what online poker is about. Its buyer beware in online poker. I used these sites specifically because I was told they were reputable. They are not... So Thank You online poker ,,,,with business practices like this your industry will dry up. Well not really but this is just wrong. And if new players dont continue to sign up it will. This promotion was obviously aimed at generating new business....good job ,,,,,If you worked for me and pulled this nonsence you would be terminated........Thank you ........sorry this is all over the place but im quite upset over this........... Yvette.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Pocketfives no good

not going to read that.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 PM

why did i read this. you signed up wrong or whatever, move on
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

You obviously signed up incorrectly just like you posted this in the wrong forum. I think you should do some more research before jumping into things.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Yvette, I had a problem like this. It turned out that you're only allowed one account per household, maybe that's what the hold up is here.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 PM

dont have kids please
Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 PM

WOW WOMEN ARE SO GODAMN DUM
Old 10-19-2007, 01:54 PM

So now I am upset,,,,,,no im LIVID................... How can you deny me I have done all you asked....

welcome to 2+2 Mrs StephenNUTS
Old 10-20-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously signed up incorrectly just like you posted this in the wrong forum. I think you should do some more research before jumping into things.

[/ QUOTE ]
To give her credit, she posted it in 3 different wrong forums.
Closed Thread