Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Party ratholing fix coming soon?

Bump, because my party contact tells me that the ratholing fix is in final testing, and -- barring setbacks -- should be included in the next software update, which is due within the next week.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:26 AM

did your party contact explain why ratholing was permitted in the first place through their previous software updates?

and how about their software deleting notes files? did your party contact comment on that?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did your party contact explain why ratholing was permitted in the first place through their previous software updates?

and how about their software deleting notes files? did your party contact comment on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and stop being a dick -- just be happy that the days of rat-holing abuse are coming to an end.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:41 PM

I can't stand frogkitten. I hope he gets aids from his dad.

Frogic
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM

stop being a giant shilling shillbox and don't tell me to be happy with that [censored] site.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 AM

personally I find these idiots that abuse the disconnect protect way more annoying.. if one more [censored] disconnects his router to see a free showdown against me .. HACHACHCHCHA..
limit it to 1/month or something..
Old 10-10-2007, 09:04 AM

50BB minimum will simply never happen.
The fact that there isn't a huge demand for this amongst ordinary players is shown by iPoker that runs fixed 100BB buy-in tables alongside their usual 20BB ones (as well as some turbo and non-DP ones). They open new 100BB tables when they get full. Usually they run maybe 20 6 max $200 tables when I am playing - only 2-3 are usually 100BB ones.

If they made all the tables 50BB or 100BB ones they would just lose rake as the shorties would play elsewhere. Remember most shorties are bad players taking shots not good players taking significant money off the table. It is very rare you hear of even a good shorty with a win rate over 2PTBB/100 (and it's likely the few that good would win that much full stacked anyway) and the vast majority are donators.

As a shortstacker can play more tables and generate more rake for them than most full stack grinders and the average players couldn't care less, any site that did this would be pandering to the demands of one minority and drive away another minority that is worth more money to them.

It just won't happen mate..
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM

30bb min would do the trick and it's not that big of a change.

amount of time to return to the table with a new stack should be >3 hours. this would also help.

why won't any sites do either of these simple things to get rid of these fools?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:56 PM

Why wont the sites do anything to get rid of them? Its a simple economic decision.

If they leave things as they are...nothing happens. You arent going to stop playing and neither is anyone else. Status quo.

If they raise the min buy in, alot of shortstackers are going to leave. Poker site loses rake unecessarily. Shortstackers pay about the same amount of rake as anyone else. The rake is capped when the pot hits $60, so when the shortstacker is all in for $30 or more, rake is capped. They are all in in most of the hands they play past the flop.

If they lengthen the time the shortstackers have to wait before coming back to the table, the poker site again loses rake money. There will be guys sitting at their computer tapping their fingers waiting for the waiting period to expire so they can play, all the while the poker site is losing that rake money.

Why wont the sites do anything to stop these fools? Why WOULD they?

The avg win rate in my entire 5/10 database is -0.68 PTBBs (this accounts for rake of course). I sorted the database for just shortstackers and the avg win rate is -4.8 PTBBs. Shorstackers suck in general. If I were you I would concetrate my efforts on having the poker sites ban all players who are better than you, not shortstackers. It makes more sense.